We are excited to announce the release of DT Register 2.4! This does address a couple of bugs, but mostly brings many improvements to the component that we hope you are excited to see. Many of you have been pounding down our door to get some of these features included so here they are! The feature, improvements and fixes you will find in this new release are:
- Events can now be marked Public / Private. If an event is private, it will still show in your list of events, but a user will not be able to access the registration form unless they are a logged in user. If not, they will see a message notifying them of the private status. This message can be customized in the admin settings area and does accept HTML so you can create links to user registration pages and such.
- Now works completely with Community Builder 1.2! The profile fields are created when you install DT Register. The CB Plugin also works in 1.2.
- New Custom Field option of "Textual". This field type allows you to place text in your registration form (custom fields area). It also accepts HTML so you can style it as needed. This could be helpful for instructions, title headings for grouping custom fields together, etc.
- Custom Field data can now be included in the thank you email. There are new [TAGS] available... one to show the main contact custom fields and another that will show the custom field choices of group members.
- New Back button added next to the Next buttons. This allows you to go back and edit your registration details. Using the back button in the browser often will mess up your session and not store your changes properly. The new Back button solves this issue. Of course, there is no way to remove the Back button in the browser or keep people from using it, but hopefully most will use the new button that is provided.
- Default Currency has been improved so now ALL of the currency options in the settings area will show correctly throughout the registration process.
- CSV Export now includes two more fields: Payment Method and Payment Status (paid / not paid)
- Code added to allow for HTML in the Thank you message that displays on screen after a successful registration.
- The display of Total Registration Cost is automatically hidden now if the cost of the event is $0 or Free.
- New setting allowing you to Show / Hide the event price in a column of the frontend list of events.
- Code added to keep the Itemid throughout the registration process
- Code added to allow you to manually create links that will display events onlyof a specified category. This is done using a link like this:
The Itemid will need the appropriate id number and the category number is the ID that you can get from the Category Management page.
- Fix implemented that caused a registration page to redirect outside of DT Register. This happened in few cases, but when certain other 3rd party modules were in use.
- Fix implemented that caused issues with PayPal records being created properly in some cases.
- Fix implemented regard Late Fee calculation and display on the page.
- Fix implemented so Checkbox custom fields are not shown on the confirmation page unless they actually have data to show.
We had not intended on working on any new features until we were done with 1.5 native, but you all didn't allow us to do that :) So we did have to pull off of 1.5 work for a little bit. We are now targeting to have the 1.5 native version ready by March 1st. Not a promise, but that's our present target date.
To upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go
to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow
the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current
version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events,
settings or records. Of course, it is always a good idea to backup your database
tables for DT Register just in case.
* LIVE TRAINING SESSIONS!! *
The next session will be on Tuesday, February 24 at 4:00pm (EST). We will go through the newer features of 2.4, answer questions, etc. Space is limited and you must register. To do so, click here.
Thanks and enjoy!