Just to make your Independence Day celebration a little better, we've now released DT Register 2.7.18! This update contains a number of fixes but shines with some fabulous new functionality. We've also added another payment gateway integration, which is WorldPay, with the help of our friends at Barclay Works and Channel2Market. For other details of the update, see below...
FEATURES & FIXES in 1.7/2.5 version Only:
- Added a robust auto email reminder and follow up feature!! Existing users are going to love this. Setup a cron job to trigger the emails. You create as many reminder emails as you need. Set the number of days prior to an event for the email to be triggered. This can also be a negative number so the email can be sent AFTER the event as a follow up! Nice, huh? Further, these emails will apply to all events unless you specify the email for a specific event. Even further, you can upload attachments to each of these emails. Fabulous! :)
- Enhanced the existing User Group assignment for the auto-user creation feature (exists in default configuration as well as custom per event). You can now select multiple user groups, so users can be created with multiple group assignments. ALSO... if an existing user registers for an event and is not already a part of the selected user group(s), that user will be assigned also to the selected group(s)... without replacing existing assignments.
- Enhanced the records search feature to improve speed, but also modified so it includes group members! Now, when you click the members link like "3 Members", the member info shows in a lightbox window instead of a new page... improving the overall management of group members.
- Added parameter to events so you can set a custom confirmation number prefix PER EVENT. Nice!
- Updated the Upcoming Events Module with two new features: ability to display the event price with or without taxes... and ability to display the event image. Of course, you can set the size of the image.
- Fixed issue to prevent the creation of negative amounts for a registration record.
- Fixed issue with editing records while duplicate registration prevention is enabled.
FEATURES & FIXES in BOTH versions for 1.5 / 1.7 / 2.5:
- Added support for WorldPay, a leading European payment gateway.
- Made improvements to the records search feature to improve speed.
- Fixed issue where email attachments for an event would be lost when copying the event.
- Fixed issue where adding new events to the cart would drop the previous event (bug only in Joomla 1.5 version)
- Other miscellaneous fixes / tweaks included.
Now, really, does any other event registration tool for Joomla go as deep and give the level of flexibility that DT Register does? No contest!!
** WHAT IS THE STATUS OF JOOMLA 1.5? **
As the "End of Life" for Joomla 1.5 was in April 2012, our plan for our extensions is this... we have no plans to add any more new features to the 1.5 versions. This was announced previously, so this is just a reminder. Moving forward, the 1.5 versions will receive important fixes only. In the months to come, we'll hit a point where support for 1.5 versions ends completely so updating to 2.5 needs to be on your roadmap sooner rather than later.
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.
Make sure you read the docs inside of the new package and follow the instructions for upgrading!! As always, much more is still to come as development never sleeps here at DTH!BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS