Stop the press! DT Register 2.5 has arrived... with support for Joomla 1.5 NATIVE! Many of you have been waiting to hear this for a long time, and we've been waiting a long time to say it. There are a number of items to point out and be aware of so please read this article in full so you don't miss out on anything!
Not only is legacy mode no longer needed, you can now use the latest 1.5 versions of JEvents. We also made some bug fixes and other improvements, the main one being that you can now provide full event details for your events. Here is full scoop on the changes...
- Event Detail Links - you can now enable an Event Details link for each event. Based on a new setting in the Configuration area, this link will be an image or text link. Using dynamic dropdowns, you can select an article section, category then title and associate that article with the event. So a user can click the Details link and be taken to the article with full details about your event. If you have our EventLink plugin enabled, the bottom of the article will have two good-sized buttons (or text links) to take the user on to registration or back to the list of events.
- EventLink Plugin enhancements - As just stated, this plugin will now automatically add buttons or text links at the bottom of an article that has been associated with an event. You can also still use it the old way and embed the links anywhere else. There are two new parameters... one for choosing between image and text links, and one for choosing if you want the new button/link to "View All Events".
- Corrections made in CSV export and backend records where some users were having issues with payment type and paid status showing correctly.
- Fixed the language issue where special language characters did not display correctly in the Terms & Conditions window. This was resolved.
- Improved the look of the administration side of DT Register
- Clean up of language files - while there are now two language files (frontend and backend) using the 1.5 language file structure, we took this moment of recreating the files and also did some clean up. Some old tags were removed that are no longer used, some new ones were added, and they were all organized into groups of language items that are related. Hopefully this will help you to locate items you need to modify.
- Now works with the latest 1.5RC versions of JEvents. 1.5beta is also supported.
- NEW Video Tutorials - there are more videos now as they are shorter in length and more targetted. The videos are Flash SWF files so everyone should be able to watch them. There are also videos that will take you through upgrading the older JEvents into this newer version.
For those that are upgrading, be aware that you can not re-use your previous main.css or language files. You'll need to copy your changes and paste them into the newer files.
HOW TO UPGRADETo upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events, settings or records. Don't forget to check out the video for this too. :)
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?