Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 1 month ago #22883

• vasya10
  • vasya10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Joomla version: 2.5.8
DT Register version: 2.8.4

We have a simple registration form (individual). We are encountering an issue sporadically: user fills up the form, goes to paypal (only Paypal is enabled and no other payment) and returns back to our site. When confirmation message is displayed, it does not show up EVENT_DATE, EVENT_NAME and other built-in fields (they are all empty). Amount paid also says zero. And strange enough we do not have a record created also. But user has a paypal confirmation email.

I am unable to trace the problem. Where are the DT Register error logs ? DTR seems to only create records after confirmation from paypal - is there a configuration that will create a record before going to paypal and then update it after returning back? At least we would know that someone attempted to register?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
vasya10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 1 month ago #22887

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First, this could've been found in numerous existing forum posts so please search before posting.

Second, version 2.8.4 is extremely old and not supported at all. I don't see any license associated with your username either so I'm not sure if your site has active support or not... but based on the old version you're using, it's doubtful as you get support and updates for one year.

Third, having some PayPal transactions result in records and some not is an issue with PayPal IPN. Most likely, something is not setup correctly for this. There's a section in the readme file of the DT Reg package that details out how to setup for PayPal so check the items there please.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 1 month ago #22900

• vasya10
  • vasya10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for your reply. Im helping out maintaining a site, and it is a registered licensed version under a friend's name.

I did some search, but didnt find anything that could match what I had. But will search for more.

It also looks like some users may not have returned back to the website after payment, which is one of things I wanted to know - if there is a way in DT Register to first create a record and then upon return update the payment configuration?

Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 1 month ago #22903

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
A record is not created until payment is confirmed. When users do not return to your site after payment, that is when PayPal IPN kicks in to notify DT Register... so whether they return or not, the record is completed. Sounds like you definitely do not have IPN configured correctly or there's something within your site configuration that is blocking IPN from communicating with DT Register. You also may have an issue simply due to the extremely old version you are running. Step one for you needs to be getting an active license and updating DT Register.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 2 weeks ago #23102

• AndyTri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I am runnign the latest version of DTReg.. I also have some records go missing.... 99% will work then 1 or 2 don't!

Andy

Missing records after paypal payment 10 years 2 weeks ago #23103

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Andy, for you this would certainly be an IPN setup issue. As stated above, having some PayPal transactions result in records and some not is an issue with PayPal IPN. What happens is that when someone returns to your site after payment, all is well, IPN is not needed and everything completes just fine. If they do NOT return to your site or just close the browser after payment, IPN is needed to complete the process for them. This is why just a small number of registrants have this problem. If everything is setup correctly, it still works though.

Your issue will be one of the following:

- IPN must be enabled in the PayPal account
- Permissions must be correct on your site. 755 for folders and 644 for files, from the top level containing the Joomla install on down
- Can't have restrictions in place (like in the .htaccess file) that would keep IPN from accessing this file /components/com_dtregister/success.php

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds