Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Missing records after paypal payment

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 7 months ago #23698

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've always had similar too.... just every now and again someone registers, pays (PayPal for me) but no record created. I've got used to closely monitoring PayPal records now to look out for missing registrations. I'd also estimate approx 1 in 100 go down this route!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 6 months ago #23826

• mregan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We have had the same problem with an open ticket on this for a long time. We lose about 1% of our registration records. I've checked the IPN log at paypal for the missing transactions and it shows a 200 return code from DTRegister for the IPN. So, it's hard to see how it is a Paypal configuration problem. I've tried to recreate the problem by not returning to the site but that doesn't cause the problem. A few people seem to have a much higher error rate than 1%. So, they are probably doing something different but I can't figure out what it is.

It would be really nice to get this at least acknowledged as a problem but even then, I'm worried that there doesn't seem to be active development going on.
Mike Regan

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 6 months ago #23827

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Were are having a similar problem with missing records that have completed their payment successfully and we are using an eway payment gateway
We are running DT 2.8.11 on joomla 2.5.27

In the eway payment gateway transaction log it has recorded our reference number eg the DT Confirmation number but in the DTregister record list this "confirmation number" is missing. No record recorded.

To me its more related to the fact that DTregister is not recording an entry in the system prior to passing to the payment gateway be it paypal or in our case eway. If some internet issue occurs where it can't pass back control to DTregister then all information of that is lost.

The correct procedure would be to record an entry in DTregister with status "payment pending" then when the payment gateway returns successful change the status to "payment complete"

Last Edit: by w2kd.

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 6 months ago #23832

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
w2kd, you are using an older build that is not supported and potentially does have some actual issues.

With the current build, PayPal IPN works just fine when everything is configured as it should be. All items to check are found in multiple posts and have been clarified and fixed in many tickets. There are no known issues with IPN in the CURRENT version of DT Register.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 6 months ago #23833

• mregan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Nathan,
We're on the current build and I've checked the IPN log from paypal showing a 200 return code from success.php. Also, in this thread are other users with non-paypal payments failing at a similar rate.
I've gone over our IPN settings several times and changed them to incorrect values which caused problems. I agree that incorrect settings can cause problems but I've got them set to the correct values.
Below is the IPN history. I even tried resending the IPN. It also got a 200 return code but no record was created.

Mike Regan

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details

Message ID5CH847945K0929634

Date/time created10/21/2014 18:44 PDT

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time10/21/2014 18:44 PDT

Notification URLhttp://mdchess.com/components/com_dtregister/success.php?return=12265&Itemid=9&task=notification

HTTP response codeWhat's this?200

Delivery statusSent

No. of retries0

Transaction ID72764479GT382540F

IPN typeTransaction made

Missing records after paypal payment 9 years 6 months ago #23835

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe the issue is User related in not returning to the site after paying on Paylpal or in my case eway.

DTregister is not recording any initial transaction in its database before passing to the payment gateway and if the user pays but doesn't hit the "continue" button in our case their record in Dtregister is not recorded. As the success.php function is not called.

Solution is for DTregister to record an entry before payment and updated the status after payment.

Time to create page: 1.090 seconds