Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multiple Records Created

Multiple Records Created 12 years 1 month ago #17216

• kroskopf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I, too, have been having multiple registrations/records similar to others on this thread. This causes panic and complaints from the end user. My event is individual registration (no group). Clues to help diagnose the problem:

- The user is charged double by authorize.net. The event is $350 and the user is charged $700.
- Identical records are created with the same time stamp. Identical, except they have different confirmation numbers.
- In one case, a user was double-charged, but there was only one record generated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 1 month ago #17219

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
First, anyone having such an issue to make sure they have the latest build of DT Register in place.

Second, this most likely an issue where the final Submit button for payment is being clicked more than once. No other reason for this really. Now, the Submit button does disable itself after being clicked... UNLESS you have something in your template or another plugin that is breaking that function and not allowing the button to disable properly.

Test the payment on your site and see if the Submit button disables after clicking it. In older versions it did not do this, so make sure you do update first. If your button does not disable, set your site to the default Joomla template and try again. If you see it disable properly, then you'll know there's a conflict in your template. If it still does not disable as it should, then you have a conflict somewhere else... probably a plugin.

The biggest source of problems for random type issues or something that is not functioning the way it is coded to is script conflicts. Some templates and 3rd party plugins have "optimization" options that compress and/or replace jquery and similar scripts. This is an easy source of problems. You can not allow anything like that to compress, modify or replace any DT Register scripts.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 1 month ago #17224

• mholstein
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
First of all, I upgraded to 7.15b version. And also, after clicking the final submit button on the payment page, the submit button is disabled. But still, I had a single issue of double records creation. There were around 35 registrations recorded, among which 1 record has such issue of double records. Please help.

dthadmin wrote: First, anyone having such an issue to make sure they have the latest build of DT Register in place.

Second, this most likely an issue where the final Submit button for payment is being clicked more than once. No other reason for this really. Now, the Submit button does disable itself after being clicked... UNLESS you have something in your template or another plugin that is breaking that function and not allowing the button to disable properly.

Test the payment on your site and see if the Submit button disables after clicking it. In older versions it did not do this, so make sure you do update first. If your button does not disable, set your site to the default Joomla template and try again. If you see it disable properly, then you'll know there's a conflict in your template. If it still does not disable as it should, then you have a conflict somewhere else... probably a plugin.

The biggest source of problems for random type issues or something that is not functioning the way it is coded to is script conflicts. Some templates and 3rd party plugins have "optimization" options that compress and/or replace jquery and similar scripts. This is an easy source of problems. You can not allow anything like that to compress, modify or replace any DT Register scripts.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 1 month ago #17229

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Second, this most likely an issue where the final Submit button for payment is being clicked more than once. No other reason for this really.

I only use PayPal for payments so the actual payment "transaction" is happening on the PayPal site, I never see a "Submit" button on my site, just "Next Step" buttons. I have tried hitting the "Next Step" buttons multiple times and have never been able to replicate this issue by doing this.

It is not happening with every transaction but is happening on a semi-regular basis. About 1 in every 30ish transactions is creating duplicates. I am now on 2.7.15b and continuing to have the problem :cry:

Multiple Records Created 12 years 3 weeks ago #17299

• kroskopf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been able to recreate the double-registration problem twice today. Once by accident and one on purpose.

I have confirmed that my 'submit' button does disable after the first click.
I'm using the latest version of DT Register.
Firefox browser.

Multiple Records Instance #1
STEPS:
>> I was setting up a new event and tested by running through the registration, confirmation screens. I stopped at the enter-payment page.
>> I then accessed the registration page a second time via direct link (... component/dtregister/?controller=event&eventId=16&task=register).
>> I was surprised because this new registration page was pre-populated with the data from the last (not paid) test. I advanced to the confirmation screen, then the enter-payment page.
>> The next thing that caught my eye was the absence of the "Same as Registrant" checkbox at the top of this enter-payment page. I filled out the payment information and submitted it. My "Thank You" onscreen message was then displayed -- but TWICE. Two headers, two thank-yous, two [different] confirmation numbers.
>> The event costs $55. Authorize.net processed it as a single $110 payment.
>> Normally Authorize.net has the name of the event in its 'description' field. This time it just says "Event Registration"
>> Two records were created in the back-end. Identical info, except the confirmation number.

Multiple Records Instance #2
STEPS:
>> I wanted to see if I could re-create the double-record problem a second time. This time I entered data at the registration page, review the confirmation page then advanced to the enter-payment page.
>> This page doesn't display a 'back' button, but I hit ALT- BACK-ARROW to force the browser back. Firefox displayed a Document Expired page. This page has a Try Again button "to re-request the document from the website", which I pressed.
>> This took me to the confirmation page showing the registration info I had entered.
>> I now pressed 'Next Step' to move to the enter-payment screen.
>> But, again, this page didn't have the "Same as Registrant" checkbox at the top. Hmmm.
>> I entered payment info and pressed 'submit'. My "Thank You" onscreen message was now displayed twice (two headers, etc.) with two different confirmation numbers.
>> Authorize.net processed a single $55 payment.
>> Two back-end records were created. One appears normal and the other shows Payment Type as 'Free' and a paid amount of $0.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 3 weeks ago #17304

What is the "Same as Registrant Button"?

Time to create page: 0.703 seconds