Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Multiple Records Created

Multiple Records Created 12 years 2 weeks ago #17467

I upgraded to 2.7.16 today and got my first duplicate registration. Both have the same confirmation number. PayPal was used, but only one transaction has a transaction id number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 2 weeks ago #17470

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yup, I'm still having this issue sporadically as well. It' been happening for me on and off for over a year now, I really hope it is something that can be rectified soon.

If you have your attendees list posted on your site make sure to either cancel or delete the multiple registrations in your system so that your participants do not show up more than once in the attendees list as well.

Multiple Records Created 12 years 4 days ago #17574

• kroskopf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just upgraded. From the release notes...

Part of this fix included adding a BACK button on the payment options selection page.

I don't see a back button on the payment page. 'Submit' only. I'm concerned this problem hasn't been fixed.

Version: 2.7.16b

Multiple Records Created 12 years 4 days ago #17575

• shootfast
  • shootfast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
kroskopf, I'm not sure, I've actually rolled back to 2.7.15b because of another issue so I'm not sure about the "Back" button in 2.7.16b

Multiple Records Created 11 years 6 months ago #19249

• isaiah
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I have been submitting tickets for this issue for a year, with no response, other than a claim in the updates to have fixed it, but it still there as of 2.8.2. Here's the scenarios where we see it happen.

Our events are paid for over time, so the initial registration is just a minimal deposit (partial payment) so user return to our site to log in and make additional payments in the User Panel, using the "Pay Now" link. If a user, follows the steps but then stops on the submit payment page, and hits the browser back button, they get an error page with the option of "Next Step" If they hit next step, a duplicate registration is created, showing that both the original and the duplicate have made a payment. A payment confirmation email also goes out, but no payment is sent to the payment gateway, so no money is actually every exchanged.
So the end result is: A new registrant that does not exist, and two payments that do not exist.
Try to make a payment on the original registration, and you get another error message, and that registration suddenly becomes "free."

In testing the First Time Registration payment page and hitting the back button, I was able to create Duplicate registrations of the same user in one session. The credit card was charged, I think for each registrant, but in returning to register again using the same User ID, the original registration disappeared, even though a payment had already been processed on its behalf. In another test of the browsers back button, the base trip cost was removed, but the registrant was billed only for the fee field I created for that event.

Note, I have only found these errors using the "back" button in Firefox browser. I could not replicate it in Safari or Chrome.

It's not that often that it happens to our clients, but it's a pretty grave problem, when the potential is there to be overcharged, or to create false registrations and false payments and not really be charged at all.

I encourage everyone out there to look out for these duplicate records. Whenever we have 2 payments from the same person come in at the exact same moment, we've learned to see it as a red flag and double check DT Register records with our Merchant Services $ records for irregularities. It's professionally embarrassing to tell a client, I know you got a payment confirmation email from us, but check your credit card statement and you'll see you weren't actually charged.

I also encourage everyone to keep reporting it here and in the tickets, as I've done. I've been reporting it for a long time now, but have largely been overlooked, despite my thorough explanations and urgent pleas for a fix. Perhaps dthadmin thinks these aren't legit issues, or its an isolated issue.

Multiple Records Created 11 years 5 months ago #19285

• jen.dth
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

It isn't that we intentionally overlook anyone's issue. We take these very seriously and spend a great deal of time trying to track down issues that we cannot duplicate. We are Joomla users as well and understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't flowing the way it should. We understand that you want answers. We do too, and we're working extremely hard to hunt them down for everyone. There are literally millions of configurations, and this component is extremely robust. We update with bug fixes and feature improvements regularly. And we'll continue to take all support requests seriously even those that could be solved with a little reading on the part of the user.

You aren't referring to a single issue that is being ignored and therefore needs more people to bring it to our attention. You are referring to anomalies that we are working on, but, like you, have not been successful in catching. It is not a common issue that we get regular support tickets on. It is specific. Where we have found common bugs, we've addressed them. I am very sorry that the updates did not fix your instance. Again, we would like to help work with you to find what's going off.

Thank you for posting your experience here. It may help trigger some discussion that will help us resolve this.

And if you have an outstanding ticket that isn't getting the attention you would like, please contact me - [email protected] - with the ticket number and I will look into it.

Jen

Jen
DTH Support
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds