Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21402

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Has anyone solved this issue yet. It seems to be still an issue with 3.0.3 and free registrations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21438

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I've try to debug their code and can see that the
function registrationemail()
in Administrator/components/com_dtregister/models/user.php is where the admin notificates emails is formatted and sent.

The last line of this function seems to send the email.
sendMail($DT_mailfrom,strip_tags(html_entity_decode($DT_fromname)),$email,strip_tags(html_entity_decode($subadmin)),$adminmsg,1,null,null,$admin_attachments);

I have proved that only the event email is set in $email parameter but the email is still sent to both the event email and the users email.

So my current fix is to comment out this line so at least the user doesn't get an admin email notification and I can go live. Unfortunately it also blocks the admin see an email.

Any experts out there to indicate why the user's email is add in some lower level Joomla library?

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21439

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
w2kd - We have resolved this issue and will have an updated package shortly. Please submit a ticket regarding this and I can get a fix to you.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21445

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Any quick patches I can do before the new release.

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21452

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes, w2kd, as stated... submit a ticket and I can supply you with a temporary fix for this until the package is updated. It's not something I will put here in the forum as it involves a few files.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 9 months ago #21475

• waynejb
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

nathan.dth wrote: w2kd - We have resolved this issue and will have an updated package shortly. Please submit a ticket regarding this and I can get a fix to you.

Thank you. I am posting a ticket today.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds