Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 11 years 1 month ago #20292

• rjrosamond
  • rjrosamond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We have an event setup with multiple e-mail addresses to receive notifications of new registrations, each separated by semi-colons. In this case, there are three e-mail addresses to receive the notifications. Upon completion of a registration, the following seems to happen:

1. Confirmation sent to registrant (as expected)
2. Admin notification sent to first e-mail address in the semi-colon delimited list of recipients, PLUS the registrant
3. Admin notification sent to the first two e-mail addresses in the semi-colon delimited list of recipients, PLUS the registrant
4. Admin notification sent to all three e-mail addresses in the semi-colon delimited list of recipients, PLUS the registrant

The expected behavior should be step 1, and then step 4 (but not to the registrant). As it is now, for this event every registration is generating 4 e-mails to the registrant, 3 of which they shouldn't even be getting!! Thanks for looking into this.

DT Register 3.0.1a
Joomla 3.0.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 11 years 1 week ago #20612

• lownotes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I reported the same problem a few months back. Opened a ticket. It got a bit of attention then ignored.

Typical

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 11 months ago #20741

• waynejb
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I testing it here with 3.02 and yes its happening. Good thing you posted it as this would be a disaster to have all participants get everyone's personal information.

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 11 months ago #20755

• AndyTri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Yes same problem here, happens with every emailing option, sent a group email, every person got 100+ emails!

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 11 months ago #20775

• AndyTri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Right, I have had enough of this software used for 3 years and the support/ release bugs are getting worse and worse. Yes the features are excellent but every time they release a feature that has been working fine before breaks.

Any way I have been given notice that the software that I was using before is going to be releasing for V3.x very shortly.

I cannot wait to get away from here! Already tested 2/3 bits of software but don't have some functions that I need.

Cannot wait will make my life so much easier! :D

[SOLVED] Admin emails sent to registrant & multiple times 10 years 11 months ago #20777

• mtwizel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
It started happening to me once I upgraded to Joomla 3.1 and latest version of DT. Developer would be wise to post some sort of reply about this and give timeline for a fix as it is a very important feature.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds