Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Finding quite a few bugs

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20648

• dougbuchan
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
That particular issue was solved by, if I recall, turning off Joomla Account Creation and/or Overlapping EVent protection.

Hope that helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20649

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Shame it wasn't solved by fixing the issue!!!!

To the new owners of DTH Development - is DT Register a part of your plans going forwards, or are we just left with what we've got now - which is fairly good of course!?! Would just like some honesty on future plans....

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20650

• dtwsol
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
doug and andy... public events requiring a login... this is not a bug and is something I've seen addressed here a few times. I think there's even a sticky post about it. If you turn on overlapping event check it will force all events to require a login. The tooltip on that feature even states this. So turning that off to "fix" this issue is not a work-around... it's just using it properly.

If there's an issue beyond that, it's not something I've run into yet.

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20662

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Noted. Sorry for jumping to conclusions that this was an 'issue'. Appreciate that's how things are supposed to be now. Thanks.

Still interested to hear from dev's on future plans for DT Reg though :D

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20690

• dougbuchan
  • Banned
  • Banned
Still planning on sticking to DTH for event registration. It's by far the most full featured.

I do think, however, than the DTH devs spend a significant amount of time trying to release new niche features like obscure payment gateways than fixing glaring bugs in their systems.

Their DTR 3.0 release for instance was so heavily laden in bugs that it NEVER should have been published to the public. Even as a beta.

I still have 3 open, unresolved, tickets in the ticket system. Many Joomla best practices/native practices are not followed. And DT is still heavily laden with bugs on each new release.

So while I'm sticking with DTH as a result of the feature set, it's a component that I have to use cautiously (unlike others, Community Builder, ACY Mailing, EasyDiscuss, etc that just WORK).

But I do want to close that with a THANK YOU to DTH for all you do.

Finding quite a few bugs 11 years 1 day ago #20692

• waynejb
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

schilly wrote: Another bug I discovered. If you "Resend Thank You Email" and have more than one person selected, every one receives a copy of all of the Thank You emails for everyone that was selected.

This is a major issue in my mind. Not only does this feature not work, participants also never receive an email confirmation upon initial registration.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds