Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5240

• mknz
  • mknz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For each Convention we have, we have up to 30 different types of registrant (basically: Doctor, Certified Assistant, Assistant, Tech, Therapist, etc.). Each reg type is a different price and not based upon a base price. Plus, some of them require license numbers to get their Continuing Education Credits.
I really like all the options you have, but the only way I can make this work is to create a different event for each in JEvents and copy the DT Register Event with basic info and mod each of them individually.

Tell me there's a better way and I'm buying it today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5241

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Of course there is :) You create ONE event and just the cost to $0. Then create a custom field where the user selects (using a dropdown or radio buttons) their user type. You then can assign a cost (or discount if needed) to each selection. Then the next screen will show the calculated cost prior to taking them to payment options. You should be all set!

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5250

• mknz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK, I went into the demo and set this up for Winter Convention and on the backend it works fine but:

http://www.dthdevelopment.com/demo/inde ... individual

First of all, there's nothing regarding the pricing, early bird, etc.
Second, I have to put the price in the name for it to have any context.
Then, this part ends up looking incorrect on the second page at additional fees:
Your total Registration cost: $ 180.00 (Early Bird Rate)
( Event Fees = -20.00; Additional Fees = 200.00)
Also below, the price still comes up like this:
Registration Type Doctor - $200

AND if I only need the license type to be required for one specific registration type, there is no way to do this.

SO...

1)is there any way to add Registration Type to the main registrant info? You can group them as radio buttons in your table and display them optionally.
2)can this information be displayed in a table of radio buttons displaying the price breaks for early bird, regular and late (if they are applied to the event)?
3)Perhaps those three different prices for each registration type? Again you can make this a string like the radio buttons with delimiters.
4)can you make a contextual option for field type and a delimited field that commands it? IE: if I have a field type of License Number and I only need it if the 'Registration Type' fields is selected Doctor or Nurse(Registration Type|Doctor_Nurse)
5)do you do custom work any more? I know you did years back. if so, how much. if not, can I mod the code?

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5256

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello again...
First, the price didn't show because you had the price of the event set as $0.00. The early bird discount you put in of $20 means that it will be $20 OFF... not a total price of $20. I changed the cost to $100 and you can see that now.

Second, your pricing will show if you have it all setup correctly. What you see is based on the incorrect way you had set it up for an early bird discount.

To answer your other questions...
- you can not move custom fields into the main fields area at this time. We do intend on making that option soon.

- You can no modify the display of the radio buttons, but you can make a Textual field and insert data into the form above or below your radio buttons. The textual fields will support HTML so you can do whatever you want there.

- You can not make one custom field function/display based on the selection of a separate custom field.

- You can modify the code yourself as needed for your use. We do custom work as time permits. Cost is based on the project. Thanks.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5274

• mknz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey listen. I understand when somebody wants to use your product a different way, it can be frustrating. I really feel though that instead of telling me what I did wrong, help me figure out a way to make it right. I never said the price was $20. I just put the read-out that says -$20.
And if I'm looking to buy this, don't you think a case study or a demo that IS setup correctly could help you in sales?
So...instead of telling me I did it wrong, could you please show me how to do it right? And what do you mean about textual field types?

The textual fields will support HTML so you can do whatever you want there.

Does that mean that I could perhaps make one field required based on the selection of another?
This looks like the component I need to move on this site development, but I'm trying to gauge exactly what I will need to modify before I jump in and buy it. I've bought components from you in the past. They're solid. I'd just like some solid info on this before I jump in.
Can you help or can you give me an idea of what would need to be modified to make this work...and if you have time to modify it or not...a ballpark price would be awesome too.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5275

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello. I didn't say the demo was setup incorrectly... I said the way you created your event pricing was not correct.... and I told you WHY already. If the early bird discount is $20 like you had it set, then it is taking $20 OFF of the base price, which you had at $0. So you were discounting zero :) That was the problem. That is why I said I changed the price on your test event to $100 so you could see it show the price correctly. If the early bird price is in effect, it will show the modified price and label it as an early bird price.

Textual fields are how you can insert text or HTML inside of the form. This is good for inserting instructions, headings, field descriptions, etc. You can not make any custom field based on another custom field.

DT Register is not only the best event registration solution available, it is our main priority here... it is the most developed extension we have in regards to how advanced it is and how ofter releases are put out. We average a new DT Register release about once per month and you get free updates for one year from purchase.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.576 seconds