Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5276

• mknz
  • mknz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is what I had built two years ago and it works fine.
http://www.fcachiro.org/index.php?option=com_events&task=register&id=12&Itemid=211

But, I can't upgrade this to 1.5 and quite frankly, don't want to. I'd rather get plug-n-play components that do what I need them to.
And, being as you won't be logged in, you won't see the free ones. It allows Members to see a different set of rates than non-members. I could achieve this with yours by making one event for Members and another for the public.
I could also make maybe another event for each that requires license number. So, four different events for one Convention.
Then, I have the issue of not being able to register but one person at a time. If I do the group rate, there's no way to get it to do the specifics about each type (one doctor will bring some staff, some of which could have licenses or membership).
And the early-bird option (which we have), isn't setup that way. Each type has a different 'early-bird' rate:
(see Registration tab) http://www.fcachiro.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2156&Itemid=211

1) Thank you for explaining the price display specifically. I do have free registration types at every convention...so that might not help.
2) Thank you for being candid with it's limitations.
3) Is there any way you can address pricing out these modifications? Or should I start looking for someone else? I'd really rather it be done by the developer so that we can possibly incorporate this into the official release.

I know DT-Register is the best option out there. But, I can't modify my events to match your software. I just need it to work for me or I'll be forced to buy and mod or commission a whole other option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5280

• mknz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For the required License Number, I've thought of a work around that is pretty lame, but could work if you had a default value option for a text field.

Basically, we absolutely need their license info every time by law to register the CE credits for their license renewal. On the ones with a license. Only certain reg types need that.

SO...a text field I can use with a default text as "NO CE CREDITS".

That way it's their fault...always was, but...yeah.

So, if there's a way to implement a different registration type in the main creation of the event... Maybe even have a check box for whether they need to be a member to get this one. And maybe the three different prices for each if you choose not to do a blanket $ or % for the whole event with early bird and late...this will rule.

but, right now, this is the way 3 registrations comes up in the end:
Your total Registration cost: 3 x $100.00 + $300.00 Additional Fees = $ 600.00
weird

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5282

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
mkinz - you can change "Additional Fees" to something else in the language file to make more sense for your purposes if you'd like.

We are working to add the type of functionality to limit events to different user types... hopefully that will be available in the next release. Tons of new features just around the corner.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5293

• mknz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would it help to use mine as a case study? We are similar to hundreds of different associations and groups that offer License Renewal CE and in our segment, we are always having other associations and societies ask us what to use. Might be a smart move on your part..?

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5297

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
mknz - I do not believe a full study on your needs is necessary. It's not difficult to understand and it is similar to what many people have discussed with us. We're on it.

Multiple Registration Types...not group rates or not 14 years 5 months ago #5300

• mknz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Awesome. Thanks guys!
Maybe it'll be complete before we need to launch.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds