Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 3 weeks ago #22982

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Yarrum and Nathan,

nathan.dth wrote: Guys, as stated in the release announcement (news section / front page of website), you'll have to open and re-save each event IF the event uses any conditional fields. You shouldn't even have to do anything but open and re-save unless you want to use the conditional fields anything other than their default settings.

Thanks Nathan, I don't normally read the fine print on the release page but to go through the readme_dtregister_J3x.txt with a fine tooth comb. It wasn't in the readme file so this is why I missed it :)

So I have now had a chance to try the process again and still can't seem to make it work. The process I followed was:
  • Upgrade to the latest 3. version (downloaded it this morning)
  • Saved the Configuration
  • Resaved the Categories
  • Opened the first Event, hit save, and got bumped to the Main Administration screen
  • Opened the same event, went to the fields tab, toggled the show conditional fields button, hit save, and got bumped to the Main Administration screen
  • Repeated the same process as above but without hitting the show conditional fields button, hit save, and got bumped to the Main Administration screen
  • Tried the above three processes again with the Save and Close button and had the exact same results

So I have again reverted to version 3.0.7a as I currently have 12 registrations open and can't spend any more time with the site disabled as I try to get this working.

Any other thoughts from either of you on what I might be doing incorrectly? I would like to get upgraded as I'm having a couple other minor issues that I believe 3.0.8 will fix but I'm really not having any success.

All of my Events have many conditional fields so I'm also a little worried that the upgrade is going to take an extraordinarily long time in reworking these fields as well. Nathan, can you speak to this? Some of these events have taken me more that 30hours of setup time as the entry forms from the organizers have been so in-depth and convoluted. The idea of having to go through them all again and the 330+ fields on my site just to update all the conditional fields makes me a little sick to my stomach :sick:

Thanks again for all your input guys,

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by shootfast.

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 3 weeks ago #22983

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
shootfast - outside of you two on this thread, we've heard of no one else experiencing this issue, nor have we ever seen it happen on any of our test sites. I need you to submit a ticket so we can get in your admin and see it for ourselves and fix directly on your site.

The new conditional fields options are working just fine... and we tweaked it some already so default conditional values would work correctly.

By the way, going from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8, there is no need to re-save categories. No need to re-save all of your fields either. Just re-saving of the events.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 3 weeks ago #22985

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Nathan,

nathan.dth wrote: By the way, going from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8, there is no need to re-save categories. No need to re-save all of your fields either. Just re-saving of the events.

I do understand that, but I can't save events at all, I just get kicked back to the main screen.

I'm a little worried about the process here and getting this worked on while I have so many events running. Is there any way I could give you a call and we could have a quick chat about how we can make it as painless as possible for my users? Could you e-mail me with contact info and a good time to call?

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 3 weeks ago #22987

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
A call is not needed. We help thousands of other users all the time and manage to not break their websites and registration processes. :)

As this issue is specific to your website, you need to fix it on your website. We wouldn't do anything to disable or hinder any registrations that are going on.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 3 weeks ago #22988

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

nathan.dth wrote: A call is not needed. We help thousands of other users all the time and manage to not break their websites and registration processes. :)

As this issue is specific to your website, you need to fix it on your website. We wouldn't do anything to disable or hinder any registrations that are going on.

Does this mean that you will do the upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8 for me and get it working? 3.0.8 is not functional on my site at the moment because it won't work so I've downgraded to 3.0.7 and I can't afford the time to upgrade to 3.0.8 but disable the component and then wait for ??? until my ticket makes it to the top of the pile. It needs to be a smooth process of upgrade, fix the (bug in my system) and then get it back online.

Last Edit: by shootfast.
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds