TOPIC: [ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22402

• yarrum
  • yarrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Before we go ahead and upgrade to the latest version, can you tell me please if you have changed the software so that the conditional fields appear in the event field list. Your tutorial says that you've designed it so they don't appear to reduce clutter, but infact in causes us to have to either create over 250 extra fields to work this issue or only having one registration live at a time. We have found other software that can accommodate our requirements, but they are not as flexible as DT Register and we have spent countless hours setting up DT Register from the very early versions when you could see the conditional fields in the event list.
I have previously raised this as a support ticket with minimal response. We are now in a new year and about to start working on our event registrations for 2014 and need to make decisions on which software to use. I'm sure this restriction in the software affects many of your users.
I look forward to your response

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22404

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. The conditional fields do not show in the fields list per event still. We do not see this as a restriction. We are planning to overhaul the fields structure to be even more flexible than it is now... but no ETA on that. For most users, having conditional fields in the event list would be a mess. The plans we have will be better than just throwing everything in there.

Our ongoing development is driven a lot by users... and hiding conditional fields was done as many people wanted that. We're always in continual development though, improving all the time and always way ahead of other options in capabilities.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22533

• yarrum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Nathan
Thank you for responding. Our form has over 400 fields.
The pricing fields unique to each event are conditional on other fields but the rest of our fields are the same across our events and are conditional, but not conditional on the pricing fields.
We can only one run one event at a time without recreating all the fields as the pricings change for each event.
Am I missing something. Is there a way around this other than to have the conditional fields show in the event field list or to create the 400 fields again if we need to run more than one event at a time.
other than this issue, your software works great for what we need.
I would really appreciate your help and advice

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22536

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
We are now working on a solution for this. It's not something to "fix", just modify. Some like it this way. Of course, one solution doesn't work well for all scenarios. So, we're working on a modification that will add a filter to the event setup area so you can expand the field display to see ALL fields. No ETA on this yet, but hopefully it will be ready within a week or so. Unless some other priority items get in the way... or we run into unforeseen issues with these changes... we should be able to make that happen.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22538

• yarrum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Nathan
That's great news. I will continue working on our set up of the forms and keep a look out for the update.
This will certainly fix our problems.

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 2 months ago #22674

• yarrum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Nathan
Just wondering how you are going with adding this feature in. I have designed my forms and need to go live, but can't do so until I can turn off some of the fields that are conditional. Can you please give me an ETA. Thanks again for your help with this.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds