Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22810

• yarrum
  • yarrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Nathan. We've installed the update and what you've done is great. This is exactly what we needed. A very big thank you to you and your team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22811

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Nathan and Yarrum,

I have a couple of quick questions for you. I have roughly 350 fields in my system and multiple Conditional Fields in 90+ registration forms. I tired upgrading to 3.0.8 but all my conditional fields stopped working, the links were broken. I originally tried to start fixing them but it didn't work, every time I pressed Save or Save & Close the forms would close and the system would jump back to the main Joomla Control Panel screen.

Yarrum, did you experience this when you upgraded to 3.0.8? Nathan should this have happened or should all of my existing Conditional Fields continued to work as they did before the upgrade? I'm not sure why the jump back to the main Joomla Control Panel screen on Save or Save & Close but I'm sure that is a different issue.

In the mean time I have down-graded to 3.0.7a and at least I'm up and running again and everything is working as before. Nathan, should the upgrade be smoother than what it was? I have upgraded this component many times in the past, it's not like this is the first time I've done this and I've never had any issues before.

Looking forward to your feedback,

S

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22812

• yarrum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi shootfast
Yes I did experience both these problems. When I save an event now, it goes back to the Joomla Control Screen. And yes, I found that when I went into an event, all the conditional fields were not activated for the event. This didn't worry me that much though as I needed to go through each event anyway and turn some of the conditonal fields off.

I have over 350 fields too, and being able to turn off conditional fields within events has been essential to getting our forms to work. With this new feature I can now work in variable pricing on conditonal fields without having to have a heap of duplicates, which is what we had to do prior to the update.

Nathan, I'm not sure if you can do this or not, but it would probably be best if the fields that are conditional on other fields remained active in the events and not changed to inactive. Otherwise anyone using conditional fields will break their forms with the update. That's my understanding anyway.

I'd like to say again however, that we're extremely happy with this new functionality. I'll add a link when we go live.

Shootfast, not sure if I've helped or not.

Cheers
Yarrum

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22813

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Guys, as stated in the release announcement (news section / front page of website), you'll have to open and re-save each event IF the event uses any conditional fields. You shouldn't even have to do anything but open and re-save unless you want to use the conditional fields anything other than their default settings.

These changes required a new way of storing the conditional field usage... so this added step of re-saving events is required, which normally doesn't have to be done of course.

We haven't seen (or heard outside of you guys in this thread) of event saving bumping you out to the Joomla control panel. Please submit a ticket so we can see this.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22814

• yarrum
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Nathan
Thanks for the response. I did some further testing and if you've toggled to show conditional fields and save at that point, then it bumps you out after saving. If you're in the normal list, ie no conditional fields showing, then it save as it normally does.

I'm more than happy with the way the conditional list is working. It's great. It has added so much flexibility into what we're doing.

We had already gone into each event and save as the instructions said. All the fields that weren't condtional kept their settings, but any that were conditonal defaulted to None. Like I said it's not an issue for us.

I did just try to do a copy of an event and noticed that all the fields had gone back to None. I've never copied an event before, so is it usual that the copied event picks up the default field setting or should it keep the settings from the event you're copying.

Thanks again Nathan. I can image how much work it was to add this new feature.

Cheers

[ADDED] Conditional Fields in Event Field List 10 years 1 month ago #22817

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Yarrum and Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm too busy in the next few days to do any more testing on it but will try the upgrade near the end of next week and let you know how it goes. Thanks both of you for your feedback.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds