• Page:

TOPIC: multiple donation choices

multiple donation choices 16 years 4 weeks ago #984

• iamstorme
  • iamstorme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings, I have an application with a human society that needs to take donation. So far it seems that this application will do what I need to do (it is via paypal), however I can not find an answer to the following in my reading. The way they are set up, they have 4 choices for folks to make donations to. they can choose one, or a combination thereof. Is it possible through this module to give these choices? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

multiple donation choices 16 years 4 weeks ago #985

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello! Yes, you can setup Preset donation amounts that would show a label/description and the amount. The user would pick which one to use. Now, this Preset setup is for pre-determined donation amounts for specific items. If you want to list different items but let the user still input the amount they want to donate, then you can create custom fields. You could make text input boxes labeled for each donation option. The user would then type in the amount to donate to each option. The total would NOT be auto calculated, but the user would just input the total donation amount. If you have any other questions, let us know!

multiple donation choices 16 years 3 weeks ago #986

• iamstorme
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Good Evening dthadmin, thank you for your efforts in helping me along. Unfortunately, your reply did not satisfy the problem. I purchased your module today based on your reply to my previous question (and I see that the price went up $5 !). I've installed the module and have attempted to format it based on the clients needs. I have two problems. I created the customer fields as instructed, 5 to be exact. You can see the results at http://tchsmd.org/index.php?option=com_dtdonate . So now I have these custom fields but they DO NOT auto calculate as you stated they would, and they DO NOT pass forward into the next form. Can you please help to advice me further on this process? Also, the plug_dtdonate.zip would not install. It came back with an error of "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package." Am I suppose to install this module?

multiple donation choices 16 years 3 weeks ago #987

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello. I apologize, but my post was a typo. I meant to type the fields would NOT auto-calculate. I just corrected it. Obviously you can see this as that phrase was followed with "BUT the user would input the total donation amount". The custom field data is sent on and included in the email you receive and also in the backend records. The plugin is a CB plugin... NOT a joomla plugin, which is why you couldn't install it. Go to Community Builder plugins and install it there. Thanks.

multiple donation choices 16 years 3 weeks ago #988

• iamstorme
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, but bummer. This does not do me any good. It looks like a great module for other circumstances, but for mine it is unfortunately useless. I don't suppose I can give it back and ask for a refund? Anyway, thanks for the info. I will have to go ahead and write my own code.

multiple donation choices 16 years 3 weeks ago #989

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well, as these are digital purchases and no way to actually return the product, we do not do refunds. HOWEVER, since you purchased this component based upon my typo which made my answer wrong, I will issue you a refund. Sorry it won't work for your situation. Our components are in continual development so maybe later you'll be able to come back and utilize it. Please send an email regarding this including your order # and we'll take care of it. Sorry.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds