Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ??

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24084

• mark1
  • mark1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So far so good, but cant seem to get past the "confirm your details are correct" page - i.e. I can enter all details to register for an event then go to the next page that asks me to confirm all details are correct, but when I press to continue nothing happens at all, the page just stays dead, no message or anything. But I can go back using the back button on the page.

Hoping its something stupid I have or have not done !

Many thanks for a fix !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24092

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
What version of DT Register and Joomla are you running?

Most likely, you have a script conflict. Check:

- GZip compression disabled in Joomla config
- No script (like JQuery) compression or replacing being done by your template or a 3rd party plugin. This is the most likely source of your problem.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24093

• mark1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Many thanks we are on the DT 2.7version - I checked the GZip compression and it wasnt that, then I disabled a lot more plugins we dont need anymore - we didnt have JQuery as a plugin - but nothing has changed. We have 30 enabled plugins now, mainly just for searching, we dont have any videos, or social media stuff, just the basics from what I can see.

We also have a custom template so would you be able to tell me where to look in there for this possible conflict ? Would it be in Edit HTML or Edit CSS. Sorry not a developer so am struggling with this !

Thanks again !

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24094

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The 2.7 series gets little to no support. Are you in Joomla 1.5 then?? I'll move this thread to the appropriate category...

Try using a default Joomla template and see if that makes a difference. Also try using Firefox with Firebug enabled... and see what error or conflict it detects.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24096

• mark1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Many thanks for bearing with me Nathan, really appreciate that - think we are getting somewhere ! Tried the Beez Joomla template and the final step worked i.e. took me to the payment options page, I did "mail in payment" and it then took me to next page, but there was nothing displayed on the screen like the usual thank you message. But I did get the email confirmations saying I was booked in and the one to myself saying we had a booking. So I guess its something in my template.

Would you know where to start looking in my template to get this fixed ??

Fingers crossed...desperate to get this resolved !

All great except I cant go further than the confirm details screen when registering ?? 9 years 2 months ago #24097

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Look for the loading of various scripts... or anything that is replacing or compressing scripts in the site. You may need to just comment out certain parts of the template code, piece by piece, tracking down where the problem area is. Using Firebug though, it should flag an error and point you in the right direction.

When using Pay Later and getting a blank message at the end... that just means that you have not configured that Pay Later Thanks Message. It is separate from the regular Thanks Message.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds