• Page:

TOPIC: Guest and family registrations

Guest and family registrations 16 years 2 months ago #747

• RoscoHead
  • RoscoHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does DT register support these? I run events targeted at kids/families, and would like parents to be able to register themself and their kids in the same transaction, as well as the possibility of family tickets. Can this be done? ROSCO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Guest and family registrations 16 years 2 months ago #748

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes and there are a couple of ways it could be accomplished. The way I would suggest would be to set a default registration level that would include the parents. Then setup custom fields for registering the kids: How many children are you registering? [selection box] CHILD 1: _____________________ CHILD 2: _____________________ CHILD 3: _____________________ etc... The selection box above could be made a "fee field" and have a price assigned to each selection. For example, one child adds $10... two children adds $18.... three children adds $27... etc. With the custom fields, you can setup just about anything. For this use, I would disable Group registration so that Individual/Group option is bypassed and everyone uses the one registration form and your custom fields. Should work great!

Guest and family registrations 16 years 2 months ago #749

• RoscoHead
  • RoscoHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the quick response! On the strength of that (and the low cost) I went ahead and purchased DT register, and setup fields as you suggested. I then created an event, created the new registration record for it, added the fields, and created a front-end menu item for the component. My event is listed, but when I click on it (URL: index.php?option=com_dtregister&eventId=1&task=pay_options ) Firefox gets an error: The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. Have I missed something? ROSCO

Guest and family registrations 16 years 2 months ago #750

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
If you're having an issue, you need to submit a support ticket and include admin login info and FTP access and we'll check it out. Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds