• Page:

TOPIC: +1 Mobile friendly / Responsive Design

+1 Mobile friendly / Responsive Design 8 years 5 months ago #25086

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The scales between website visitors on a desktop vs mobile tipped toward mobile quite some time ago!

Its disappointing to lose a potential registrations due to less than ideal user experience using DTRegister.

It's a fantastic and powerful extension with lots of functional options. I've been using it for over 5 years, but the UI really needs to improve for the end user. I've seen other event registrations out there that are much nicer looking to the end user, but have stayed with DTR because function has taken a front seat to form. My opinion is to take the biggest step forward by addressing mobile device usage.

I am also not fond on the limited calendar styling. I rarely use it.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScottMod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

+1 Mobile friendly / Responsive Design 8 years 5 months ago #25087

• ScottMod
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
+1
I too would like to see this focused on more by the DTH team. We have started to see a lot more mobile users, and inherently there are those who just cannot register because they don't understand to "Scroll Horizontal".
Thanks in advance!

+1 Mobile friendly / Responsive Design 8 years 5 months ago #25094

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
+1,000,000

+1 Mobile friendly / Responsive Design 8 years 3 months ago #25550

• uwpiaa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
+1

Nathan, given that mobile/tablet traffic has now surpassed desktop traffic on the internet (see latest comScore metrics), it's definitely time for DTH to address making the DT Register Registration type, Attendee list, and User Panel (Registration update) are not mobile responsive. I feel that DTH really needs to make this the highest priority now.

We're using the latest YooTheme Warp 7 Venice theme and on smartphone, the registration type page does not resize nicely; the attendee list looks ok, but could be much better; the User Panel is a mess when viewed in portrait orientation on my Samsung Galaxy S6. It does resize when turned to landscape orientation, but the page is still wider than the physical screen and you have to scroll around to see everything.

If you want to look at it, our site is uwpiaa.org/AlumniEvents and I have sent you credentials in the past so you can login.

Thanks much!

-Jay-
Web Technologies Chair
uwpiaa.org

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds