• Page:

TOPIC: click here to register in jevents latest module

click here to register in jevents latest module 15 years 9 months ago #2176

• robertvb
  • robertvb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there any way to get the \"click here to register\" in the output of the jevents latest module. (mod_events_latest)

I have mod_events_latest set to show the full text description of events for the next two weeks. How can I get the \"click here to register\" in this module?

Thanks
RobertVB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

click here to register in jevents latest module 15 years 5 months ago #2682

• jfsannarbor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I\'m also looking for the variable you add in the Latest Events Module to show the \"Click Here to Register\" in the module.

For instance, my existing code in the parameters of the jevents module is:
<div align=\"left\">${title}<br />${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]<br />${content}</div>

In the Jevents component, the options that can be used are:

Event fields available: ${startDate}, ${eventDate}, ${endDate}, ${title}, ${category}, ${contact}, ${content}, ${addressInfo}, ${extraInfo}, ${createdByAlias}, ${createdByUserName}, ${createdByUserEmail}, ${createdByUserEmailLink}, ${eventDetailLink}, ${color}

Am I to assume that maybe the link created in the events.html.php file, can be moved into the (main description) area that makes up the ${content} variable?

Thank you for your help. We love your component and are using it already, only hours after purchase. Thanks!

click here to register in jevents latest module 15 years 5 months ago #2690

• jfsannarbor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Now that I think about it, this thread should be in the General Discussions forum as it is more of a help question than a feature request. Moderator, is this something you can do, or should I create a new thread over there?

click here to register in jevents latest module 15 years 5 months ago #2870

• dvlchd3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This may be a bit trivial and annoying, however, it works:

After creating the event and event registration, on the front-end, go to DT Register and find the event you would like to link to through JEvents. Right click -> Copy Link Location. Go into the backend, or into the JEvents module and modify the event. Add in the description the link you just copied to your clipboard.

This will only work if DT Register and JEvents are someone on the front-end...If you are familar with MySQL, you can use the format below and get the DT Register ID and JEvents id from the database:

[your domain]/[path to joomla]/index.php?option=com_dtregister&Itemid=[DT Register ID]&eventId=[JEvents ID]&task=register

click here to register in jevents latest module 15 years 5 months ago #2872

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
You should be able to insert the code that is used in the hacked events.html.php file. If you use a standard link as shown in the last post, it will work, but not well. It would not take into consideration event capacity, registration type, etc.

The events.html.php file is commented with the code that we added. Search the file for \"DT Register\" and you\'ll find the commented area. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds