• Page:

TOPIC: Making the form more accessible

Making the form more accessible 16 years 9 months ago #134

• conticreative
  • conticreative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I integrated the form on my website, but the tabled layout is quite frankly not only ugly, but totally inaccessible. You can see my form at http://www.supportourtroops.org/donate/index.html and while it is far from being finished and suffers from a bloated CSS due to IE7 and 6 differences, it gets a pretty good mark for accessibility. The nice thing about using css and correct markup in the form is that there is no need to change the html code once it has been written properly and css can be used instead to make the form similar to the site's other forms. Is there a chance that maybe we can update the Component to reflect a better HTML markup with CSS?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Making the form more accessible 16 years 7 months ago #135

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The old ugly 1.0 version is long gone and the new 2.0 is available now!! A CSS file is part of the new version to help people be able to add styles to their donation form.

Making the form more accessible 16 years 7 months ago #136

• conticreative
  • conticreative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Good Job, I installed the new version and it works much better. I am still not sold on the tabled layout in the donation form. It's certainly an improvement on the old version, at least it looks clean and it is possible to customize it with CSS. However, I like all my forms to follow accessibility standards and that means laying them out using the <fieldset> and <label> tags. Tables are not accessible and some of my clients considering your scripts are non-oprofits for whom accessibility is paramount. The current client is not too concerned about it so for now I'll live with it, but in the future I will work on a version where the form is stripped of the table and laid out with fieldsets and labels. By looking at the code i should be pretty straigtforward and I think it would make the script that much more valuable. In any event, I am glad too see the new script is more solid than before. I found an issue with IE6 & 7 and the paypal redirect, but I'll post that in another thread.

Making the form more accessible 15 years 11 months ago #1259

• tdawg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree, while the css helps, I wish there was a complete \'template\' that could be modified.
Can you post your version so that we can use it, conticreative?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds