Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!!

PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!! 14 years 8 months ago #4662

• jmthayer
  • jmthayer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just Installed: com_dtregister2_4_5

Problem: PayPal registrations are not be written to Registration Records list.

Confirmed Settings: PayPal is in "live" mode, PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is enabled, IPN history in PayPal is showing HTTP response code 200.

Other notes: It appears that jos_dtregister_paypal_session is being properly written to. There is no entry being made in jos_dtregister_user for PayPal transactions.

Suggestions for fixing this?!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!! 14 years 7 months ago #4754

• angekay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
We're having the exact same problem - registration payments received but no registration information. Just upgraded from 2_5_5 to 2_5_6 - please help! We've lost 4 registrations so far.

PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!! 14 years 7 months ago #4755

• jmthayer
  • jmthayer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
After much contemplation, I found that the error was caused due to running a hybrid system in legacy mode. We are running Joomla 1.5 in legacy to support 1.0 extensions. There is one file, can't for the life of me remember the name (it's the one that receives the paypal feed) that needs to be used from the 1.0 pack not the 1.5.

PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!! 14 years 7 months ago #4756

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
jmthayer - are you referring to a DT Register file? If you are still using 2.4.5, you should definitely upgrade to 2.4.6. Then as soon as you can, you need to jump to the 1.5 native series.

angekay - You should log a support ticket so we can check out your site and sort out where the issue lies. Most likely it is a permissions problem.

To test your site to see if the IPN file in DT Register is accessible, add this to your url:
your_domain.com/components/com_dtregister/paypal_ipn.php?amount=0.25

(obviously change your_domain.com to your actual domain)

If you get a white screen, then you should be all set. If you get a page cannot be displayed type of error, then your permissions are not set correctly. Directories should be 755 and files 644.

PayPal Registrations Not Writing To Registration Records!!! 14 years 7 months ago #4758

• angekay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I used that URL & got a white screen, so hopefully it's been fixed with the new upgrade. I'm about to do a test, will report back (& file a support ticket) if not. Thanks for the help!

ETA: Does this mean those who registered with PP saw an error screen? None have reported it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds