• Page:

TOPIC: Ampersand in Field

Ampersand in Field 14 years 9 months ago #4521

• ocpsa
  • ocpsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there. A question regarding the use of special characters.

My client created a form which may special characters in it including the Ampersand, dash, brackets etc. Are any of these taboo? The reason I ask, is that the client is having difficulty with some registration records. There was a value returned from the paypal table, however, the registration record did not show up. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ampersand in Field 14 years 9 months ago #4528

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
First, are you using the latest version? (2.5.4 currently)

Second, if you have the latest version, but SOME records are not created, it could be that you have a custom field(s) that are not in the jos_dtregister_users database table. We've seen occasions where a custom field is created and although it is in the database of the custom fields, it is not added to the users table. What happens then is that if that custom field has data from the registration form, when the record is attempted to be created, it is unsuccessful because it is looking for a field that is not there.

So, what I would check first would be to verify that ALL of your custom fields have an entry in the dtregister_users table. If you find a field that is not there.... recreate the field and use that one instead of the original. Verify that the recreated version shows in the _users table.

When creating the custom field, make sure that you have no spaces on either side of the | character for dropdown, radio button and checkbox field types.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds