• Page:

TOPIC: IPN URL error

IPN URL error 9 years 10 months ago #23443

• meggio
  • meggio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a situation with my IPN URL generated by DTDonate. I'm getting a 500 error. I can't figure out why, and my web host can't seem to help either.

My web host tells me that the extension is sending a bad date to Paypal, and this is the problem. (and here I mention that I'm totally a front end person and my grasp of all this is tenuous at best.) Here's what he's sent to me:

CT-169639-bash-4.1# grep -R notification_test .
./components/com_dtdonate/models/authorizenet_sim.php: $sql="Insert Into #__notification_test(notification_time) Values('2010-04-04 14:14:24')";
./components/com_dtdonate/models/paypal.php: // $sql="Insert Into #__notification_test(notification_time) Values('2009-04-04 14:14:24')";
./components/com_dtdonate/models/paypal.php: $sql="Insert Into #__notification_test(notification_time) Values('2010-04-04 14:14:24')";

My client currently has an event that he's trying to gather information for, and this snag is becoming serious. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IPN URL error 9 years 10 months ago #23444

• meggio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Now I'm seeing that around 75% of my donation IPNs are going through, and the rest fail or are retrying. The ones that don't go through are getting a 500 error.

Paypal says, something is not working correctly with the IPN Listener.

I am boggled as to why one IPN goes through and another does not even though they have the same IPN URL.

IPN URL error 9 years 10 months ago #23485

• earthrat
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Meg, replied to you in our group as well and I came here to see what you had said. Logic dictates that if some are going through and others are not, there is nothing wrong with the extension. It either works or it doesn't and it cannot select and choose to change its behavior. I am going to say this is a server side issue, regardless what your host is telling you.

Can you share with me the content of your websites error_log file. It is likely the answer lies in that log somewhere.

Kevin M.

Last Edit: by earthrat.

IPN URL error 9 years 10 months ago #23486

• meggio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kevin,

I'll see what I can find, vis-a-vis error log.

I haven't got any errors with DTRegister, which is running on the same site. I thought more were going through than were failing, and I'm willing to accept that the problem was endemic to the Paypal IPN system (I had read something to this effect) but then today I got word from the client that Paypal had shut us down, which is bad because the registration form, which is really the most important component, will now be broken also.

Nathan had sent me another version to install, which was giving me the php on line 20 error.

IPN URL error 9 years 10 months ago #23487

• earthrat
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
You know, there has been a slew of issues for people that updated to the latest version of Joomla 3.x. Can you confirm when this happened and note anything at all you had done to the site prior to that date? I dont doubt you have already looked into that but worth a second look and if you did update Joomla in that time frame it would be worth it to restore it to the state before the update.

Did you get the link to the support tools I found? I sent them to the group address but here it is again. Of course if PayPal has shut you down there is no way to test this. I honestly cannot believe they would do that for this problem. I cannot see this causing any issues on their end and for the life of me I cannot see them getting away with blocking you like this (I would confirm what your client said for sure). I mean if you are being blocked, no matter if you solve this problem or not you cannot test unless you link it to a different PayPal account.

Here is that link,for what its worth but will not work for you if you are in fact blocked.

developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/in...PNTesting/#simulator

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds