Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Error message when attempting to update from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4

[SOLVED] Error message when attempting to update from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4 6 years 5 months ago #27206

• searles
  • searles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to upgrade from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4, but every time I try to run the update in the backend of Joomla I get this error:

"Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from www.dthdevelopment.com/downloads/DTRegister3_2_4_PKG_J3x.zip ."

When I click the above link, I get a 401 - Not Autohrize error.

Then I tried to download the latest version from My Orders section of the DT Register site, but I get this error:

"0 Cannot access protected property DtregisterModelCategory::$table"

Any ideas?

Incidentally, I can never update DT Register from the backend of Joomla. I always get an error and have to manually download the package from your site and then install it that way. But this time, not even that method is working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Error message when attempting to update from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4 6 years 5 months ago #27207

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
The backend Joomla update works fine if all is setup correctly. You must have the license key (acquired from My Licenses on this site) entered into DT Register options. AND your license must be associated with the exact domain name that you have DT Register installed. Otherwise it will not work.

The other error you mentioned is not because of 3.2.4, but is a new error that has shown up with Joomla 3.8.2. We are looking into it now. For now, go back to Joomla 3.8.1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: searles

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Error message when attempting to update from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4 6 years 5 months ago #27222

• searles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the quick reply. I found my license key, but I don't know where "DT Register Options" is. I checked everywhere I could think of: Configuration > General, Pay Options, as well as a bunch of other places within the component but didn't see anything.

Error message when attempting to update from 3.2.3a to 3.2.4 6 years 5 months ago #27223

• searles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nevermind. I found it under System > Global Config > com_dtregister (left sidebar) > DT Register Updates tab

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds