• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Waitlist won't disable

[SOLVED] Waitlist won't disable 6 years 9 months ago #27022

• isaiah
  • isaiah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have an event where when I click "next" confirming the registration details and costs, instead of going to the payment screen, it tells them I am on the waitlist even though there is still room. I've done both raise the max number of registrants, and even disabled the waitlist altogether, and yet after several attempts with different user logins, it defaults everyone onto the waitlist regardless of it being disabled in the event configuration.
So far, I only see this happening with one particular event. This is version 3.2.1.
Just looked on the site here, and see there is a new DT Register release 3.2.2. Maybe that has a fix, but I see I also need to install the new Authorize.net plugin in order to use it, which says is free this month, but when I go to the plug-in download page, I'm being asked to pay for it. How are we supposed to get it for free?
Isaiah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Waitlist won't disable 6 years 9 months ago #27023

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
1) If you have any existing records for the event with a status of "Waiting", the waitlist will remain active. This is intentional to prevent someone from being able to slide into a newly opened spot before someone already on the waiting list is able to be moved.

2) For the Authorize.net plugin, while you have to select your payment method on the order form, you will not actually pay anything. The next screen will show $0 due.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Waitlist won't disable 6 years 9 months ago #27024

• isaiah
  • isaiah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks! That makes sense, although I lost a lot of time and sleep on this one. Wish I could have been alerted in some way what was happening, as I tried everything in the configuration to disable that waitlist, or if an onscreen message would explain to front end users that they were being put on the waitlist due to people are already being on it, similar to how it alerts you on the registration page if you've reached capacity.
In this particular event, the owner was trying to use waitlist manually to limit the number of adults going, while leaving the overall registration open to youth. So we have to assign the "waiting" ones a different status than "waiting".

[SOLVED] Waitlist won't disable 6 years 9 months ago #27025

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
This was changed a few updates back... and was detailed out in the release announcement... and it's been addressed in a number of other forum posts. Sorry you were unaware. A search in the forum would've got you the answer you needed. Next time. :)

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds