Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Error or Yours: Billing First and Last Name used as the "Group" Registrant

My Error or Yours: Billing First and Last Name used as the "Group" Registrant 6 years 9 months ago #27008

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In registering a group today, using my credit card, DT Register thinks I am also a "registrant" simply because I paid the bill. That seems wrong to me. In sending the "Thank You" email it came to me as the biller. Your text says "Create a custom Thank You email message that goes out to registrants: ". I am NOT a registrant.

No different than when I book a flight for a family member. The email is sent to the person traveling not the person who paid for the airfare(me). I have to get the airline to send me a copy of the itinerary if I want it.

Please comment. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Error or Yours: Billing First and Last Name used as the "Group" Registrant 6 years 9 months ago #27009

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
No errors here. In a detailed group registration, DT Register does NOT count the final billing person as a registrant. Never has. That is the name the record is listed under in the records area, but that person is not a registrant... although they can be if also entered as a group member.

The thank you email will always go to the billing contact. However, you can also have it go to the group members. The first tab of configuration, in the group registration area, there's a parameter "Send Confirmation Email to All Group Members". Set this to yes and group members will also get the email. You'll also want to make use of this email tag:

{GROUP_MEMBER} {/GROUP_MEMBER} - Use these tags to display data for each member in a group registration. Any email tag can be included inside of these brackets.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds