Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article

"Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article 6 years 9 months ago #26975

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
DT Register 3.2.1 Joomla 3.7.4

I have tried this both on Windows and Mac with Chrome. Both with an empty article and with a populated article.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article 6 years 9 months ago #26977

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
This would be due to CSS in your template, being applied to the dropdown field. You can address it in your template CSS, or you can add more styling to the button from DT Register in our CSS file:

/components/com_dtregister/assets/css/main.css

Look for:

span.event_button.eventlink {
padding: 6px 9px;
font-size: 125%;
}

Modify this as needed to get it to cooperate with your template styling.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

"Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article 6 years 9 months ago #26979

• AlKhamsa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Okaaay......can you explain why you say it is the "event" dropdown that needs to be restyled to provide sufficient space between it and the Register button ? This was not a problem in previous versions of DT Register. New with this combination of Joomla and DT Register.

I'm just trying to understand how the Register Button interacts with the Events dropdown box since those are inserted into the web page by DT Register. Not saying I don't have to change anything just background info would help me figure out whether I should leave DT Register alone and modify our site CSS template in some way. Thanks.

"Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article 6 years 9 months ago #26981

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Nothing complicated here. A couple of updates back, DT Register removed the hard-coded button graphics and replaced them with text and CSS-built buttons. No images. So it's just different than it used to be. Not wrong or broken... just different. We haven't seen this type of styling problem thus far, so it's likely tied to styling from your template that affects form fields. The dropdown comes from our plugin, yes, but that doesn't mean your template styling won't affect it. So modify the template CSS... or DT Register CSS. It doesn't matter. Whichever you prefer, but that's what needs to happen.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

"Register" Button overlaps "Select Event" at top of article 6 years 9 months ago #26982

• AlKhamsa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks very much for your explanation Nathan. I just like to know the "why" about changes that likely weren't documented. The time you took to answer is much appreciated.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds