Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group.

[SOLVED] Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group. 6 years 9 months ago #26972

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
DT Register 3.2.1 Joomla 3.7.4

The last field for completing the input of registration items is not being displayed for the first member of a group even though it is marked "Both" and Required is YES. It is displayed for subsequent members being added. It is displayed for an individual registration. What am I missing this time ;-) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group. 6 years 9 months ago #26973

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Go to the field manager and edit this one field. Set the minimum group size to "1". It must currently be set to "2"... which makes it not applicable until the group hits 2 people. Make that change and save. You should be good. You MAY have to re-save the event too, but probably not.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group. 6 years 9 months ago #26974

• AlKhamsa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry Nathan. That did not fix the problem. There is no global configuration for group size I can find.

I did go into each event and leave both minimum group size and maximum group size blank. Still won't display the first group member's fields correctly. I did try minimum group size of 1 and with the maximum group size empty and still didn't work. After saving that event and then editing it again I find the minimum size set to 1 and and maximum size set to 0. This is in contradiction to the informational text displayed for those fields which says the default if left empty is a group minimum of 2 and for group maximum an empty field says unlimited group size.

Sorry, I only use DT Register for my organization once/year for our annual convention and I always have to upgrade to the latest DT Register which, after a year of Joomla updates, seems to have a bug or two.

Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group. 6 years 9 months ago #26976

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
It didn't work because you didn't change what I was talking about. :)

It's not a global setting... not a setting in the event... "Go to the field manager and edit this one field." In the area where you create and edit fields. Inside EACH FIELD is a minimum and maximum group size parameter.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Required Field not being displayed for first member of a group. 6 years 9 months ago #26978

• AlKhamsa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you. I set the group minimum to 0 which says the group minimum will be ignored which seems preferable in my case to 1. It is now working correctly.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds