Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Discount code accepted but $ cost for event not updated

Discount code accepted but $ cost for event not updated 6 years 9 months ago #26970

• AlKhamsa
  • AlKhamsa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
DT Register 3.2.1 Joomla 3.7.4

I have created the discount code Child and created it to be used per event as an amount of 80. It is published. My event shows the discount code Child checked. When I try to input the code it is accepted but the cost of the registration does not change. What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Discount code accepted but $ cost for event not updated 6 years 9 months ago #26971

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. Check the "Fee Ordering". In the list of events (admin side) click the Fee Ordering link for your event. Drag n drop and make sure your discount code comes AFTER other fees.

Also, side note... if you are wanting to apply a discount for someone that is a child, the best route would be to use a selected fee field. Give a selection of adult / child and if child is selected, you can modify the price by whatever you need to. That is the more user friendly approach with no needed discount code to be entered. But you may have another need for using the code. Just throwing the other option out there for you.

You can see examples of fee fields in action on our demo site www.joomlaeventregistration.com . The Basketweaving Seminar on the demo site has an age group selection. Based on the selection, the price changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlKhamsa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds