TOPIC: PayPal IPN ERROR

PayPal IPN ERROR 10 years 5 months ago #22097

• mic321
  • mic321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all!

I'm using dtregister ver. 3.0.5c! I think that's a really great component but I have a big problem! When I book an event and i take offline payment everything's fine. I get a customer mail and the administrator also gets a notification that anyone bought a ticket.
The problem is that most people wanna pay with paypal! when they do that the customer doesn't get a notification mail and the administrator doesn't get a mail too. When i click on 'records' in the system i only see the offline payment customers.
the ipn history on the paypal website shows that everything went fine and that they sent the IPN.
It seems that dtregister has a little problem with receiving the IPN from PayPal and with sending the notifications the the administrator and the customer.

it would be great if anyone could help me because i have no idea what i could do!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PayPal IPN ERROR 10 years 5 months ago #22098

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. You have to have something that is preventing IPN from communicating with your site. The registration is not completing, which is why no record is created. And if no record is created, no emails will be sent. Items to check:

- make sure IPN is enabled in PayPal account and sending of IPN messages is enabled.
- make sure Auto-Return is OFF in the PayPal account.
- make sure site permissions are correct from the directory containing the Joomla install on down. Directories should be 755 and files 644.
- make sure there is not anything extra in the .htaccess file or other 3rd party security type extensions that could prevent IPN from communicating with DT Register.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

PayPal IPN ERROR 10 years 5 months ago #22100

• mic321
  • mic321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your answer!

i've checked all the items! all of them were correct.
I've tried the component on two web servers and i had always the same problem.
when i look at my IPN history on paypal i can see that paypal sent the ipn message correctly but the website seems not to recognize that a message comes in. when i copy the paypal return url i get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JSite::execute() in /homepages/35/d300229643/htdocs/akjf_neu/components/com_dtregister/success.php on line 86

maybe thats helpfully!

PayPal IPN ERROR 10 years 4 months ago #22242

• Raddu
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I"m having the same problem. ANy updates?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds