• Page:

TOPIC: Browser Auto-Fill jacks Required Field check

Browser Auto-Fill jacks Required Field check 10 years 9 months ago #21459

• abrender
  • abrender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So.. I think this is a carry over. We had to insert our own code that disabled autofill so that registrations could complete properly in previous versions. Here is the issue, you have a set of fields set to required. If they form auto-fill using your browser's remembered field settings (Name, Address, Phone, etc..) AND you satisfy any additional required field entries, the error checking DOES NOT go back and check the auto-filled fields. You know this is happening because those little check marks are not present on any auto-filled form. You click next and it just proceeds to the next step. What happens is a damaged registration or you will receive SQL syntax errors and it never writes. If you have a field that is set to required that your auto-fill does not populate and you leave it blank, the form at that time WILL validate your pre-populated fields and after you satisfy any additional field requirements, you are good. Testing this with 3.0.3a. There "might" be something in the template provoking this and I am sorting it out.. BUT it seems that jQuery "might" not be doing something in the correct order in terms of javascript field validation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Browser Auto-Fill jacks Required Field check 10 years 9 months ago #21460

• abrender
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
So the only way to get around this is to create your own js file and call it from your site template's index.php
DTjQuery('form, input').attr('autocomplete','off');
       if (DTjQuery('[name="frmcart"]').length > 0) {
           DTjQuery('[name="frmcart"]').attr('autocomplete','off');
           DTjQuery('input').attr('autocomplete','off');
       }

... otherwise when the browser fills in fields using autocomplete.. it "tries" to error check every field but it does not seem to be firing off whatever action and you get hosed. This forces them to click in each field no matter what and that seems to work. I have no answers but this is third time this has happened using three different templates and Joomla 2.5x - 3.x with multiple versions of DT.

Browser Auto-Fill jacks Required Field check 10 years 9 months ago #21482

• rjrosamond
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
abrender, can you tell me more about the SQL error you were getting? Did it occur right after payment info was submitted, and did it happen consistently or only some of the time?

I'm tackling a similar issue and am trying to figure out if it's related to what you described, though I haven't done testing with auto-fill enabled on my browsers so I will try that and see. If it's unrelated I'll start a new forum thread. Otherwise, this is the SQL error some of my users are getting, resulting in the credit card payment (Authorize.net) successfully charging the user's card but not recording the registration record.
Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 38 SQL=select g.id as group_id , g.member as group_member , g.type as group_type , g.amount as group_amount , epc.prerequisite_id as prerequisitecategory_prerequisite_id, ep.prerequisite_id as prerequisite_prerequisite_id , f.id as file_id , f.path as file_path , f.event_id as file_event_id, fo.id as feeorder_id , fo.eventId as feeorder_eventId , fo.type as feeorder_type ,fo.reference_id as feeorder_reference_id , fo.title as feeorder_title , fo.ordering as feeorder_ordering , l.id as location_id , l.name as location_name , l.address as location_address , l.address2 as location_address2 , l.city as location_city , l.state as location_state , l.zip as location_zip , l.country as location_country , l.phone as location_phone , l.email as location_email , l.website as location_website , l.image as location_image , l.showimage as location_showimage from csc_dtregister_group_event e left join csc_dtregister_event_detail g on e.slabId = g.slabId left join csc_dtregister_prerequisite_category epc on epc.event_id = e.slabId left join csc_dtregister_prerequisite ep on ep.event_id = e.slabId left join csc_dtregister_files f on f.event_id = e.slabId left join csc_dtregister_feeorder fo on fo.eventId = e.slabId left join csc_dtregister_locations l on l.id = e.location_id where e.slabId =

As you can see, the event ID is missing from the end of the SQL statement which is causing it to fail. Thinking it might be a browser/server sessions issue, I checked the Joomla global config but the Session Lifetime is set to 120 minutes and there's no way anybody would take more than 2 hours to complete a registration.

So... is that the same problem you were having?

Joomla 3.1.5
DT Register 3.0.3a

Browser Auto-Fill jacks Required Field check 10 years 9 months ago #21488

• abrender
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
It looks similar yes with the error occuring right before the payment screen. My assumption is that it was not able to inject blank/missing information so it died. Once I forced the user to click in each required field box rather than using the browser autofill... it worked just fine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds