Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Issues with Events having multiple dates for display

Issues with Events having multiple dates for display 11 years 1 month ago #20406

• ndarkstar
  • ndarkstar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=91&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=16&t=6647&p=11724 gives instructions for setting up events with multiple dates so that a registrant only has to register and pay for a single event instead of each day.

Unfortunately, this only seems to partially work on Joomla 3.0.3 with DTRegister 3.0.1.

My issues are:
When linking an event to a page, buttons for viewing all events and registration are automatically added (off-center even) to the bottom of the page. This defeats the purpose of using the DTEventLink plugin. Is there any way to disable the automatic buttons?

When creating a menu item to display a calendar, the 'Select category' menu item only shows 'Select Category' as an option even though there are multiple categories.

When displaying an event list, there is no option in the DTRegister configuration or the menu item configuration to limit the list to a certain category.

Does anyone, by any chance, have any solutions for the above three issues?

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Issues with Events having multiple dates for display 11 years 1 month ago #20413

• ndarkstar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
As a note, the issue with the categories not appearing in the 'select category' drop-down appears to be a bug.

On a vanilla install of Joomla 3.0.3 with no example content, DT Register 3.0.1_J30a still displays 'Select Category' as the only available choice even though two categories were added and enabled prior to making the menu item.

Environment is CentOS 6.4, MySQL 5.1.67-1, php 5.3.3-22.

Issues with Events having multiple dates for display 11 years 1 month ago #20414

• ndarkstar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
So, having figured out the category bug, I'll share it here in the hopes that one of my other issues might get more attention.

The bug is caused by the list of categories being required to have a parent id greater than zero (which is assigned to root). When creating an array containing any category which isn't root, the parent_id is used for the location in the $children array. So categories residing at the root level would have a parent_id of 1.

When checking for a valid list of categories to display in the drop-down, $children[0] is checked to see if it exists. Unfortunately, since the query already requires results being greater than zero, this will never occur.

To fix the problem, the check and the loop need to be changed to look for data in position 1 instead of zero, so...

In file:
/administrator/components/com_dtregister/models/fields/catlist.php

Lines 70 & 71 are as follows:

if(isset($children[0]))
foreach($children[0] as $pcategory){

They need to be changed to:

if(isset($children[1]))
foreach($children[1] as $pcategory){

The same code is reused in:
/administrator/components/com_dtregister/elements/catlist.php
on lines 63 and 64. Didn't check to see what (if anything) uses this, but it probably needs to be changed as well.

Verified that the above change to the models/fields/catlist.php resolves the issue in both the vanilla install and on the production environment and the resulting calendar menu item only displays the category selected.

Issues with Events having multiple dates for display 11 years 1 month ago #20415

• ndarkstar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Figured out the usage for dteventlink as well. That was an error on my part for assuming there was an in-line option for setting the options. Turns out that the options for hiding the list and centering the container for the button(s) is contained in the dteventlink plugin options and isn't selectable on a case by case basis.

Guess that just leaves me with the last issue that appears to be more of a feature request since the event list is not able to be filtered through a menu item even though the event calendar is.

Issues with Events having multiple dates for display 10 years 7 months ago #21775

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to follow up in case you didn't know... these issues have all been addressed. If you have the current package of DT Register, you should find all of those things working just fine. It is 3.0.4e. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds