TOPIC: Paypal change from GET to POST - Please HELP

Paypal change from GET to POST - Please HELP 6 years 1 month ago #27439

• cayman10
  • cayman10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I'm running DT Register 2.8.13a on Joomla 2.5.28 and using Paypal as a payment option. It has been working great for many years.

I received the following email from Paypal

Our records indicate that you still need to make some critical security upgrades to your systems as well. If you see a "YES" next to a security change, your integration must be updated to accept these new security measures by the date specified:

• TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 Upgrade - Complete by June 2018
- Update Needed: No

• IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS - Complete by June 2018
- Update Needed: Yes

• Discontinue Use of GET Method for Classic NVP/SOAP API's - Complete by June 2018

• Merchant API Certificate Credentials Upgrade - Complete by September 2018
• Please note that this may be completed earlier based on the expiration date of your certificate.

So I'm in trouble!

The plan was to move to Joomla 3 at the end of 2017 and I have ordered another version of DT Register (Version 3.X) on November 27, 2017 which I couldn't download because of illness... and now I'm in the middle of my registration season.

So long story short, is there anything I can do to satisfy the Paypal request with the actual package?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Paypal change from GET to POST - Please HELP 6 years 1 month ago #27448

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello! First, the only item in your list you posted here to address is the HTTPS postback. PayPal is now requiring that you run your site with a SSL certificate so when IPN shoots back to your site, it is a secure URL. So if you get a SSL cert in place and then update the IPN notification URL in your PayPal account settings (the one that points to DT Register) and change it from "http" to "https" then you should be fine with this list.

Second, you had mentioned in your separate email that you'd be willing to pay for PayPal updates to our 2.5 build of DT Register. We are not doing any further work to that version, even paid, but if you'd like to instead hire us to help update your site as a whole to Joomla 3.x, then we can discuss that. Submit a customization ticket if you'd like to discuss that at all. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds