• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] PayPal Error

[SOLVED] PayPal Error 8 years 1 month ago #25710

• growfish
  • growfish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am using Joomla 2.5.28 and DT Register 2.8.14. I have been using this setup for a year or more and everything was working fine. Suddenly (I haven't updated Joomla, PayPal info, or DT Register) I am getting an error once redirected to Paypal for payment after signing up for an event.

Happens on all my events. I have checked that the Payment option is setup correctly as Paypal, Paypal email address is correct and event is set to that payment method. Again, it was working fine previously and we have successfully taken registrations and payment.

You can test it yourself here to see the error (also pasted below): lovinglife.co/ways2escape/100-vegas-baby.html

Can you help?

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com .

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

PayPal Error 8 years 1 month ago #25711

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You'll have to update DT Register to the current package. What you have is pretty old. Even if you didn't change anything... clearly SOMETHING changed. PayPal, and many other gateways, have been making significant changes over the last year or so, many of which have required changes to DT Register.

So step one is to update. You'll also need to make sure you have this Joomla 2.5 hotfix in place:

docs.joomla.org/Security_hotfixes_for_Joomla_EOL_versions

Otherwise, the latest DT Register won't work at all.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

PayPal Error 7 years 11 months ago #25944

• computerup
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been having the same problem, although it goes way beyond just PayPal not coming up. And by the way, I upgraded to the last Joomla 2.5.28, applied the manual session handling patch, and upgraded to DTRegister's compatible version (2.8.18):
  • When adding members of a group, when clicking Complete Group on the final member, instead of going to billing, it goes to an empty next member.
  • Other strange things happen with groups, where sometimes only the Complete Group appears below a member's information.
  • When working on the billing page, you can leave one or more required fields blank, and it will still let you go to the confirmation page.
  • When on the confirmation page, the button that takes you to payment (I use regular PayPal) does not react and you do not go forward.

Like with others, this started happening even though I hadn't done any upgrades. Happened with previous maintenance version of Joomla and a version of DT Register from late 2014. So I updated both, but the problem persists. HELP!!!

PayPal Error 7 years 11 months ago #25956

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
computerup's problem is not related to this initial post actually. It was addressed through a ticket, but for the sake of posting here... and for anyone having a long string of weird issues like he posted... here was his issue:

It was being caused by the plugin JQuery Easy. This is a known problem causing plugin as anything like this that blindly replaces and compresses all scripts in your site is generally a bad idea... unless your site is pretty simple.

I have disabled that plugin and now DT Register works fine. Our custom JQuery must be allowed to load and run. Without it, we're dead in the water.

If you still want to use that plugin, you'll need to configure it as needed so it leaves DT Register alone.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds