Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update

[SOLVED] Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update 9 years 2 weeks ago #24363

• boldmedia
  • boldmedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there,

I've inherited a website running Joomla 2.5.22 and DT Register 2.8.4 and am experiencing an issue I'm unsure how to address.

Goal: Allow users to register for particular events (which are then used as prerequisites).

Currently Happening: Users are able to log-in and navigate to the menu item successfully. They then select the event and proceed through payment. They have the option of paying immediately with Paypal, or paying later with a cheque. Previous years workflows have had many users select 'pay later with a cheque', and then bring a cheque to the business. An administrator at the business then accesses DT Registers records and updates the user.

Issue: After users have successfully made payment with Paypal, or selected 'Pay later with cheque' they are successfully redirected and all appears fine. However no information makes its way into the Records section, and users are therefore unable to register for events that use these as prerequisites.

Notes: A user has successfully made payment, received the 'Registered for event' email from DT Register, and has had the money transfered without the user appearing in Records, a second user has selected pay by cheque and I've been told the system had previously placed them successfully into the records to later be altered by the administrator.

I've been experimenting with permissions and looking at the menu items but I'm currently unable to locate the weak link in the chain. Any advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update 9 years 2 weeks ago #24364

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Are you really using DT Register 2.8.4? That is well over two years old and long not supported. We have no reason to believe you'd have this issue with the current build of DT Register... outside of some other setup problem. Please confirm your version. If you are using this very old version, your first step is to upgrade and then monitor from there.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update 9 years 2 weeks ago #24366

• boldmedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep, 2.8.4 is the version. Looking into updating and getting a test environment setup currently.

Is there any advice you can give me regarding the current situation? For example:

I register and select pay later
I receive the email telling me I have registered
However dtRegisters records show no new information.

Do you have any information or past experience with something like this occuring?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update 9 years 2 weeks ago #24367

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
If the registration emails are sent, then a record DOES exist. Emails would not send if a record didn't exist. So the issue is only that you can't SEE the records that ARE there.

Make sure your user group in DT Register -> Permissions has all boxes checked except for the first both "Edit Own Items Only". Also make sure your user is assigned only to the Super User group. If assigned to other groups, it'll cause issues. Uncheck other assignments, then save. Logout and login again for those assignment changes to apply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boldmedia

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Successful Payment, However Records Do Not Update 9 years 2 weeks ago #24368

• boldmedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Excellent, I removed my account from user groups other than Super User and I can now view the records. Thank you for the advice, and we'll continue moving towards updating. Cheers

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds