TOPIC: Paypal IPN not recognized

Paypal IPN not recognized 9 years 5 months ago #23886

• obergurgl
  • obergurgl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

i installed dt register last year in september. The version we got was com_dtregister2_8_8b_J25. We used the site for a single event. Everything worked smooth.
This year should have been a follow up event.
After some time i realized that none of the Paypal payments were recognized by DT register. We did not change something. IPN is on. Auto Return is off.

Watching the IPN History page i can see that

Notification URL:
-http://xxx.com/components/com_dtregister/success.php?return=65&Itemid=498&task=notification-

HTTP response code: 200

So everything looks fine or not? But still there is no Entry in Database. Did Paypal change some communication things in the last year, so the old version is not working anymore?

I really wish i could fix that problem myself but i think i need your help!

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by obergurgl.

Paypal IPN not recognized 9 years 5 months ago #23889

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. First of all, version 2.8.8 is very old at this point and not supported. There have been necessary changes in DT Register in later builds that did help with PayPal IPN. In your case, it's most likely a change in the site or server that is causing the issue if it did work previously. Things to check:

- IPN must be enabled in the PayPal account
- Permissions must be correct on site, from top level containing Joomla install on down... 755 directories and 644 files
- No added security elements (such as in the .htaccess file) that would prevent direct access to
/components/com_dtregister/success.php
- No site login should be required to access the above success.php URL.

Those are the main potential issues that would interfere with IPN working correctly. Your first step though should be upgrading DT Register.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.617 seconds