Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23202

• mustards
  • mustards's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
An event with capacity 36 had 37 registrants. On inspection in the event list the "number registered" was shown as 36.

To rectify temporarily, we withdrew the latest registrant and moved then to another event.

This then showed the capacity as 36 and the registrants as 35 (rather than 36 as it really was). In order to prevent additional registrants we reduced the total to 35.

See attached screenshots that show the event listing (with personal information removed), database query on the relevant table (you can see that the number matches for all events bar eventid = 40). Also attached is the CSV file of registrants for the event for the current total of 36 (showing as 35).

Can you advise what is wrong - where the event listing is getting its total from please?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23203

• mustards
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry, for some reason I can't add attachments. Please let me know how to send/attach and I will do so.

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23205

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
What version of DT Register are you using? Do you have any group registrations?

The count of number registered is not simply how many records exist for that event... it's how many records with a STATUS of Active or Pending. Any Cancelled or Waiting status records will not count towards the capacity.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23207

• mustards
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nathan

Sorry for missing the obvious! I'm running v 2.8.2.

The 36 records in the list are all either active or pending (there is currently 35 active and 1 pending). There are no cancelled or waiting (neither for this event or for any others in the database). The total in the database table is also showing as 36, but the total on the event listing is showing as 35.

There are only individual registrations - no groups.

Let me know if you need more information or if you want to see the screenshots or any other information.

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23215

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Your problem in your previous post... you're running DT Reg 2.8.2. That is 1 1/2 years old and long not support. Plus you do not even have an active license, meaning you don't qualify for any support or updates. You'll need to purchase a new license and get updated. Then you'll be fine.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Event listing: Number registered does not match number of records. Allows additional registration 10 years 2 weeks ago #23234

• mustards
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Nathan

It hasn't been upgraded for so long because it works fine and the client doesn't like disrupting the site for updates unless they are needed.

I would happily recommend her to upgrade if I knew for sure that the particular issue here was actually fixed.

Anyway some further investigation resulted in me finding that the database field 'memtot' was set to 0 for one registrant in the problem event, whereas everyone else was set to 1. I changed this to 1 and the event total was correctly displayed and showed as full, as it should.

If you can let me know if whatever caused memtot to be set to 0 incorrectly is fixed I will recommend we upgrade.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds