TOPIC: [SOLVED] Problems w/ Front End

[SOLVED] Problems w/ Front End 10 years 3 weeks ago #23138

• Hammerhead
  • Hammerhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I can't seem to find an answer to this using search, so here goes:

Setting up a site for a customer, and I can't seem to get the front end function to work properly. The display of the columns is not correct, and the component is missing functions. See below:

As you can see below, I have added the site owner to the DTR Permissions and allowed him all rights short of blowing up the settings that make the thing go. However it seems that for some reason the user doesn't have ability to create new events, new discount codes, etc.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Problems w/ Front End 10 years 3 weeks ago #23143

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. First, your toolbar buttons are messed up and not readable due to your template styling. You'll have to address them within your template. Change to a default template just to see what I'm talking about.

Second, you are on the Event Management frontend... which is ONLY management of events. To get to management of discount codes, categories, etc, create the menu item DT Register -> Control Panel.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Problems w/ Front End 10 years 3 weeks ago #23147

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, I see where I went wrong with the menu link, and added it per this post:
www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=...&id=20936&Itemid=141

Still confused by icons. I was under the impression that the whole idea behind templates and CSS is that they were global. Interestingly enough, they appear correctly for users on the registration listing display. Not sure why they're not inherited for the CP? I've assigned the template to that menu item, but it's still not right. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I need to confer with someone about licensing. I purchased the most recent version under my account and domain name, but it was paid for by a third party for use on my friend's site. Is it possible to change the assignment of the main domain for the license accordingly so that it's all on the up-and-up?

Thanks in advance!

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.

Problems w/ Front End 10 years 3 weeks ago #23151

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You don't have to assign a template. That's not what I was talking about. In the screenshot I could see that the toolbar buttons that go across the top of that management area (for new, edit, delete, etc) are styled in a way that you can't read them. They are all gray and such. This is "toolbar" styling coming from your template. This toolbar is only used in the frontend management areas of DT Register, but uses styling from your template, so you'll have to modify the template CSS to make those buttons readable.

Regarding the license, I found your license which was attached to your business domain, which is incorrect. I assigned it to the domain seen in the screenshots here.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Problems w/ Front End 10 years 3 weeks ago #23153

• Hammerhead
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Turns out I think the problem is solved via the menu link modification but I still don't understand why it would work on one Joomla template correctly but not on another 2.5/3.x template, but that's an issue for another day.

Thanks for correcting the registered domain, but there might be another change coming as the customer decides just what he wants to call himself. Stand by...

Thanks!

Last Edit: by Hammerhead.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.193 seconds