• Page:

TOPIC: Module Assignment to Registration Form

Module Assignment to Registration Form 12 years 6 months ago #15295

• millermultimedia
  • millermultimedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I know this question has been answered for J1.5. I'm in Joomla 1.7, DT Register 2_7_9c. I have a couple modules set to display on "all pages except those selected", one of the new Joomla module selection options. The modules do not display on the Registration pages. Only modules set to display on all pages will display. I have tried creating menu items using the different DT Registration menu types, I turned off SEF URLs, I tried creating an external URL link to the registration event, all to no avail. Does anyone have a solution other than a rewrite of my template?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Module Assignment to Registration Form 12 years 6 months ago #15310

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
DT Register menu items don't work any differently than other menu items. If you can't get something to load as desired, please submit a ticket and give plenty of specifics including links and a list of modules that you are expecting to show on that page which are not showing. We'll take a look at your setup and see what's missing.

Module Assignment to Registration Form 12 years 6 months ago #15314

• millermultimedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I get the menu items, I guess I wasn't clear. In DT Register, I have assigned an Article to an event and I am using the Registration button plug-in so that when you read the article the Register for this Event button is displayed at the bottom of the article. When you click on the button it takes you to the DT Register registration page. There is no menu item for this page as the link is dynamically created by DT Register. In the Joomla Menu type window, under the DT Register section, I do not see any option for creating a menu item for the registration section of DT Register. As I can not create a menu item for the registration page I can not assign a module to the registration page. DT Register also seems to be ignoring the Joomla 1.6/1.7 module option which allows for module assignment by exception this is the "all pages except those selected" option.

I'm afraid the site is not available on the web yet.

Module Assignment to Registration Form 12 years 6 months ago #15322

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
You don't need a menu item for registration forms. You should have a menu item for the event listing menu option... even if you don't use it... it should exist and be published. All registration links will look for this and use the ItemID from this menu item. You can assign your modules to that menu item.

Module Assignment to Registration Form 12 years 6 months ago #15325

• millermultimedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again for the quick response. I added and published a menu item "List of Events". When I go to that menu item then, yes the registration process displays the modules assigned to it. On the other hand when I use the plugin to display registration links at the bottom of an article and you click on either link the modules do not display. I looked at the URL and notice that for the menu item the Itemid is being set to the menu ID. When you click on the links at the bottom of the article, from the plugin, the Itemid is being set to 0 (zero) so Joomla doesn't know what modules to assign to it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds