Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Placing the registration form on the site

Placing the registration form on the site 12 years 7 months ago #15050

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I think you are trying to make this harder than it is :)

First, do you have our EventLink plugin installed? If so, is it enabled?

When you place the plugin code into the article, be sure to do what the instructions say... remove the "EDIT" text from the plugin code so it's just {dtregister}. Put the number inbetween the brackets that matches the ID for the event as seen in the backend events management area.

As far as how to create articles, menu items, etc... there's ton of Joomla tutorials out there that you can find with a quick google search. Beyond that, learning DT Register would help you a TON by going through our video tutorials here:
http://www.youtube.com/dthdevelopment

Answered your upcoming events module question in your other thread. Not required to have it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Placing the registration form on the site 12 years 7 months ago #15051

• OkiePCer
  • OkiePCer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for the reply.

You are probably right as I tend to over-think things at time. My brain sees options and sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Yes I enabled the EventLink plugin. However, the "ordering" field was autopopulated with "0. aiContactSafe - Link". I changed that to "0. DT Register EventLink". But that didn't help. [BTW, I would like to suggest you add instructions on how to configure the EventLink plug-in in your instruction manual.]

And yes I removed the word EDIT and added the Event ID #, which is "1", in between the braces.

I know how to create articles. I had built several pages using a menu with dropdown pages, added a slideshow, and built a couple of contact forms before I installed DTRegister. That's not to say I know everything about it, as obviously there is definitely something I don't know which eludes me.

I went through all the DTRegister tutorials before I even bought it and they helped me make up my mind. I have also glanced through them again since then to find several answers, most of which aren't covered in the tutorials. But, I will work through them again. I have to get this going--and fast--or I will lose my contract to design a page for a small non-profit. The pay isn't much, but when you are under-employed, every little bit helps. :)

If you think of some little setting I might have wrong, please let me know.

Placing the registration form on the site 12 years 7 months ago #15052

• OkiePCer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I had not looked at the 2.6 tutorials, because I thought they wouldn't apply, but decided to check them out in case you had some there that you did not have under 2.7. I went through the EvenLink plug-in tutorial and followed all the steps. It didn't help.

The "Ordering" option in the plug-in configuration was not addressed anywhere and mine showing up as 0. iaContactSafe.....--could that be the problem?

Placing the registration form on the site 12 years 7 months ago #15053

• OkiePCer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I hoped it was something simple and I wasn't just an absolute blithering idiot. :)

I had the registration opening date in the future. Duh! But at least I wasn't totally misunderstanding all the instructions.

I hope this discussion helped someone else.

Thanks, everyone who responded.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds