Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working

[SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working 12 years 8 months ago #14715

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Based on ticket response, looks like this is FIXED in the upcoming 2.7.10a this is FIXED - It's certainly working on my site now :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol:

Updated - Still not working on 2.7.10.... :( Will update support ticket with full access details...

I have DT Reg 2.7.9a (and now 2.7.9b) on a Joomla 1.7 install...

Can anyone confirm if Front-End Event Management works for them?

I set up a 'Event Management' menu type from the available DT Reg Menu items, then I visit that page... as a Super Admin I see management icons but no events - I am told 'There are no events for registration' (or words to that effect) although I do have events in the system.

If I visit as a logged in event owner (with DT Reg Permissions to edit own event and / or CSV export for example - tried with group settings and adding a named user)... Then I just get the message 'You are not authorised to see this page'...

The overall problem then seems to be DTReg isn't acknowledging the existence of any events in its front-end management screen - even though there are active events that people are registering for....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by andybon.

[SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working 12 years 8 months ago #14716

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Andy,

Yes, it should work just fine. Go to Permissions and do this:

- Click "Group Sync". This will sync the DT Reg groups with your Joomla user groups as you have control over them in 1.7.
- Then reset and save your permissions now that groups are synced.

You'll probably be fine at this point, but if not, submit a ticket and give user access where we can see any potential issue.

[SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working 12 years 8 months ago #14717

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Strange - Tried that - but still nothing... so I'll raise a support ticket for this one as you suggest. Thanks for being there! :D

[SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working 12 years 8 months ago #14812

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Any update on squashing this bug? (If it is one!) :|

2.7.9b - Front-end Event Management Working? 12 years 7 months ago #14882

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Confirming this problem (bug?) is still very much present in 2.7.9b :(

[SOLVED]2.7.10 - Front-end Event Mgmt still not working 12 years 7 months ago #14900

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
This was fixed through the andy's ticket. The problem has now been resolved. The issue was that the only events you would see in event management were the ones you owned. This is how it SHOULD be, however if permissions doesn't have "edit own event only" checked, then that user type should see all events. That is now fixed.

It was just now added to the 2.7.9b package. File changed was:
/components/com_dtregister/views/eventmanage/tmpl/list.php

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds