Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2.7.9 - Messages entered in back-end get wiped out...

2.7.9 - Messages entered in back-end get wiped out... 12 years 8 months ago #14656

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can't quite pin-point what triggers this, but when I'm editing in the back-end I can pull up the general configuration and / or the individual event details and all of a sudden anything previously entered in the message / mail settings is totally gone...... :cry:

Anyone else getting this?

I'm on a brand new install of 2.7.9 with Joomla 1.7 and CKEditor as my editor.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2.7.9 - Messages entered in back-end get wiped out... 12 years 8 months ago #14662

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
There have been no other reports of this. Two things:

1) Are you using Safari? There is a known issue in Safari where the editor fails to load anything within the tabbed format used in DT Register. You could be experiencing something like this.

2) CK Editor. Try a better editor like JCE. Most of the time when we've seen anything goofy related to the editor in DT Register, it has come down to being caused by FCK or CK Editor. We're not fans of that editor. Just doesn't seem as stable as JCE.

2.7.9 - Messages entered in back-end get wiped out... 12 years 8 months ago #14681

• Howard Sambol
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm aware of the widespread popularity of the JCE Editor but I also feel that the CK Editor offers several advantages. JCE has some very annoying quirks with the way it handles fonts, copying/pasting, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Howard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds