Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Merging 1.5 DT Register db into existing 1.6 JomSocial site

Merging 1.5 DT Register db into existing 1.6 JomSocial site 12 years 8 months ago #14479

• toolbox978
  • toolbox978's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

We have two separate Joomla websites that need to be merged into one. One is a 1.5 site running DT register, the other is a 1.6 site running JomSocial that we've been using all year waiting for the new DT Register update that just came out this past week. We're very excited!

I installed the new component, modules, and plugins. Then I compared the 1.5 SQL database with the 1.6 SQL database to determine which tables are shared between the 2 versions of DT Register. I exported the ones that matched from 1.5 and imported them into 1.6.

Is there anything else we need to do to make this run smoothly? Everything looks good in that all of the events, records, locations, etc are all there. However, super admins on the JomSocial site do not have access to any of the existing DT Register events. We would be willing to pay for additional support to help make this work.

Thank you for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Merging 1.5 DT Register db into existing 1.6 JomSocial site 12 years 8 months ago #14482

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
From the current package for 1.5 (2.7.7 or 2.7. 8) , there are no database differences at all compared to the Joomla 1.6 version. To make sure everything works correctly, you need to do what the readme file says... upgrade the 1.5 site to 2.7.8. THEN move your data to the 1.6 database. Doing what you did is not going to be stable.

Regarding permissions for the super admin... that would be simply because of how you have permissions set in the backend... unless your database is goofed up :) If you want a super admin to have access to all events, the first checkbox "Edit Own Events Only" should NOT be checked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds