• Page:

TOPIC: Questions about DT Register

Questions about DT Register 16 years 2 months ago #643

• kellis5137
  • kellis5137's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I'm the webmaster for an outdoor website. We are looking to update our website using Joomla. Initially, I was going to have to custom create something to handle our registration process until I saw your product. I just have a few questions: Can you set a limit of non-member registrations? Can you unregister for events? Can you setup member discounts per event? Can you send new registration notification emails to multiple addresses? Is the $35.00 a one-time price, or a yearly fee? Finally, is there anything stopping me from modifying the code in the case I want to add these features? Thank you in advance for your quick response. From the information I read and seen through your videos, I think your product could save me a lot of work and time. Keith Ellis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions about DT Register 16 years 2 months ago #644

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, I already answered your email, but for the sake of answering these questions for others... Can you set a limit of non-member registrations? You can set a capacity for each event… you can’t specify a limit of member vs non-member registrations however. When an event capacity is full, users have the option of adding themselves to a waiting list. Can you unregister for events? Not at this time. However, someone could contact you and you could then delete their registration record. Can you setup member discounts per event? Yes! When a user is logged in, they can receive an automatic discount based on either $ or percentage. If you don’t want to base membership on whether a user is logged in, you can use custom fee fields to make price differences based upon options selected by the user. Can you send new registration notification emails to multiple addresses? There is a mass email function setup where you can send an email to all registrants for a specified event. Is the $35.00 a one-time price, or a yearly fee? DT Register is actually $40, and that gives you free updates and downloads for 6 months. There is not an automatic recurring fee, but if you still want to be downloading all updates a year from now, you’ll have to purchase a new license. Finally, is there anything stopping me from modifying the code in the case I want to add these features? The code is completely open source and you are able to edit all of it. You are NOT allowed (of course) to redistribute your modified version. If you have any other questions, just let us know... either by email OR forum... preferrably not both :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds