Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does DT Register support event series?

Does DT Register support event series? 14 years 5 months ago #5360

• bpresent
  • bpresent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I read in the FAQs that DT Register does not support "recurring or repeating events" but I'm not sure if my events are of this type.

The type of event I have is one where the user registers for a series of events. The events occur on (say) the first of each month. They pay once only and can then attend every event.

Is this supported?

Thanks, Sam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does DT Register support event series? 14 years 5 months ago #5365

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. I believe you would be fine. As you are doing ONE registration that happens on multiple days, you could setup that registration and just put in the details that it repeats and give the needed info. You could also create a custom field where users could mark which dates they plan to attend.

When you create the event in JEvents (which is the first step), you would NOT mark it as a repeating event. You'll need to make it a NON-repeating event and just set it for the full date range from the first occurrence through the final occurrence. As the event would not be over until that final date, it would remain open for registration through DT Register.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Does DT Register support event series? 14 years 5 months ago #5370

• bpresent
  • bpresent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I think so - thanks - sounds like you understand my situation and you think it's do-able so it's just a matter of me working it out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds