TOPIC: Multiple Tickets

Multiple Tickets 14 years 6 months ago #5160

• dude_7526
  • dude_7526's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I am evaluating a product for one of my joomla sites that has a need for selling tickets for a scheduled concerts. I am looking at Event Registration Pro as well but inclining towards DT Register because of its compatibility with JEvents (we are using it on our site currently and dont want to create another calendar)

However, I am not able to figure out if DT Register offers this functionality that I was able to verify on Event Registration Pro demo site. Can somone please advise if DT Register offers

1) Reserving the tickets based on Seating category , Ex: Orchestra -
Tier 1 - $10
Tier 2 - $15
Tier 3 - $200
Tier 4 - $250
2) We will be hosting event concerts at a different theaters across the nation, so we would like to customize the tickets pricing based on the event venue. Basically we should be able to sell different priced tickets and record time stamp of the purchase so we can allocate user seating according to first come first serve basis based on ticket category chosen.

Do you think DT Register can handle this?

3) Ability to record the event registration by Admin, meaning an admin should be able to record reservation of a person who didnt register online but bought the tickets off-line at box office or other location. Also, ability to do a mass upload of user reservation data from a spreadsheet?

4)Ability to offer discounts for groups and for existing website paid members?

5) Can we suppress attendee list on the front-end so that list is not visible to general public. Only the admin should be to see it..

I really appreciate if someone can respond ..

Thanks much in advance!
RS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by dude_7526.

Multiple Tickets 14 years 6 months ago #5161

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello!

1. YES. You can create a custom field for each Tier with different amounts to each one.
2. YES. You can assign custom fields to any event. (So you would make a Tier 1 ($10) for site A and another custom field for another venue.) You can export the registrations in a .csv format which includes a time/date stamp of each registration. You can open this in excel and then sort if needed.
3. YES. Administrators CAN manually add event registrants in the backend. Currently, there is NO ability to do a mass upload of data from a spreadsheet. (However...you can export the data from DTRegister and then merge it with your spreadsheet to have a comprehensive list.)
4. YES. Discounts codes are available to use.
5. YES. You have the option of either showing the attendees on the frontend or not. The admin can always see the attendees in the backend.

To testdrive a backend demo of DT Register, go here:
http://www.dthdevelopment.com/demo/administrator

Use this login - user: demo1 pass: demo123

Thanks!

DTHDevelopment

Multiple Tickets 14 years 6 months ago #5162

• dude_7526
  • dude_7526's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks so much for your quick response. I logged into demo admin site and noticed that lot of things that I asked are there..

However, I am still not clear on how to provide different priced tickets for same event. I was looking under Discounts & Fees tab, it has only one field to specify in Registration Rate ?

Ex: Lets say I have a Concert named 'ABC Musical Concert" in Chicago XYX Theatre on Nov 26 2009. This XYZ theatre offers tickets in 4 different price categories $25,$50,$100,$150 . How can I create these 4 different priced tickets for this single event? So that a user would be able to select any number of tickets based on the selected price category, ofcourse should be able to offer discounts based on group and/or existing paid memebers of the site

If you could please create it in Admin demo site, I really appreciate it.

Please advise

Thanks much!
RS

Multiple Tickets 14 years 6 months ago #5163

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Done. Test event one.

I've put a limit on how many of each tickets you can sell. To purchase a group number of tickets...you select group and number in your group.

Right now I have it set so that each group member could be in a different seating level...but you could just make it one selection on the billing page too.

Lots of options...this is just an example...

Look at the backend under custom fields to see how that was setup.

Any other questions?

Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds