TOPIC: View Registered Users To A Event

View Registered Users To A Event 14 years 6 months ago #5015

• ninthwall
  • ninthwall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am looking into obtaining Jevents and DT Register. I just need to make sure that users will be able to view other users that have already registered to be at a event.

So a user can view the calendar, click on a event, click on register, pay and register. Then the users name will show up on a list that can be viewable when clicking on the event info.

Once this is validated I will purchase this script.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

View Registered Users To A Event 14 years 6 months ago #5016

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Yes, you are correct that what you need is what will be provided. You have the option of enabling the attendees list per event which will show all current registrants. You can customize what data shows in this list too. Then using our plugin, there will be a Register button automatically added into the details view of the Jevents items.

If you have any other questions, let us know!

View Registered Users To A Event 14 years 6 months ago #5083

• ninthwall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the info. I purchased this and I have set up events in Jevents and have event registration set up in dth register.

However, I am not able to view the attendee list when a user clicks on a event details inside Jevents. There is a button for view all events where you can see this list but that is NOT what I need. I want this flow to be simple and easy for my users.

I need the users to be able to see the attendee list inside the jevents event details. Or at least in minimum a link inside the event details, saying "see attendees for this event" where they can click and it will show a pop up with the event attendees list.

Please confirm that this is possible asap. I hope I did not waste my money.

Thanks!

View Registered Users To A Event 14 years 6 months ago #5084

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello again. Just to be clear, I answered your question here according to what you asked. You never asked if the attendee list showed up INSIDE of the Jevents details page. No one actually has ever asked for that before :)

We could modify the plugin to add this option, but it is not presently there. For now, you could manually create a link take users straight to the attendee list, which then has a Register now button. This would eliminate the step of going to the list of events. So manually you'd create a link like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=xx

- change yoursite.com to your actual domain of course
- replace the xx for eventID with the ID of your event. The easiest way to find this would be to just view the url generated for this event's registration form.
- replace the xx for Itemid with whatever Itemid is used by DT Register on your site.

So, what you want IS possible, just not presently configured in that way. We'll look into modifying our plugin to give this option as part of the next release... which is nearing completion! Hopefully within a week or so the next release of DT Register will be out... and we'll try to make this a part of that ;)

View Registered Users To A Event 14 years 6 months ago #5085

• ninthwall
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for clarifying this issue.
I will undertake the link method until your next release.

I have an odd issue that is unrelated to this topic.

I created a menu item for your register component. When i click on the menu item to view the register component, the main menu bar disappears. Its so weird. I changed the template to a default one and this does not happen so I am sure its not a problem with your script. However, I think there must be some kind of incompatibility with my template that i just cant figure out.

Can you view this link and see with your expertise why this is happening? It only happens when i link to your component.
http://ninthwall.com/musical/index.php? ... &Itemid=72

This is a link to the development home page where all the top menu is viewable.
http://ninthwall.com/musical/

Any advise would be much appreciated.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds