TOPIC: Entire conference versus day to day

Entire conference versus day to day 14 years 6 months ago #5002

• tabletguy
  • tabletguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I could not see anything specifically about this:

I have several conferences each year, at different locations. People can register for an entire conference, a single day or a single session on a day, or a multi-day session.

Additionally these registrations are coordinated with travel and lodging needs, and also with tour packages (usually on non-conference days).

Conferences are in places like northern himalaya foothills (Rishikesh), Mexico (Health spa), as well as more mundane spots like specific cities in specific countries.

Currently, we do this all by hand. <ugh>.

I doubt this product does it all, but I'd like to know what of the above is currently available or planned for near term.

Also, 3rd party items needed for any of the above (excluding jEvents, which I know about).

Thanks much. Feel free to contact me directly via email.

Stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Entire conference versus day to day 14 years 6 months ago #5005

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. With our custom fields, you can accomplish just about anything :) You would setup a base price, then use custom fields where a user could choose the various options and have the price modified accordingly. For example... base price for the whole conference: $100. Then the user has these options:

What do you plan to attend?
Full Conference, Friday - Monday (no price change)
Friday Only (subtract $30)
Friday & Saturday Only (subtract $15)

Do you need lodging?
1 Night (add $60)
2 Nights (add $120)
3 Nights (add $180)

The confirmation page would show the total price and the options chosen. All of your custom fields are included in the admin notification email, they can be included in the user confirmation emails, included in the backend records view, and also included in CSV data exports.

We do have a video tutorial that shows how to use all of the custom field options. These are just some examples I gave here, but I don't see why you can't accomplish the items you have mentioned here. You will find DT Register to be very flexible. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds