Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will DT Register work for small exhibition site...

Will DT Register work for small exhibition site... 15 years 1 month ago #3880

• steve.sawyer
  • steve.sawyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I\'m creating a site for a small exhibition company. They want to be able to take bookings and payments online and I\'m wondering if DT Register is the right tool for the job.

There will be several events (exhibitions/shows etc) on the site - no calendar is needed, just a list of events (preferably in date order).

We need visitors to be able to \"buy tickets\" online, and pay through PayPal (UK Web Payments Standard). Once they have paid, they should recieve an e-mail confirming their place/ticket for the exhibition. The e-mail should include date, time venue etc.

It also needs to handle people booking multiple tickets. It would be great to collect the names of each person attending too, and be able to print a list of these people.

Exhibitors and stall holders will need to register online, but will pay a higher fee than general visitors. However, the higher fee must not be viewable by the general public. I need the exhibitor booking/registration form to be on a seperate link, (i.e., not available from a link on the homepage). This is because the link to the page will be given to exhibitors once the exhibitor has had a conversation with my client - this is so that they can limit how many types of businesses attend the event (only 2 of each type, selling the same thing). Would this need to be a seperate event? If so, could it be hidden from the main event list.

I hope this makes sense. I\'ve e-mailed through the contact page too, but I got a 404, so unsure if you will have it.

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will DT Register work for small exhibition site... 15 years 1 month ago #3882

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Steve - most of what you have inquired about is possible with DT Register.

- Listing of events defaults in date order, but you can reorder them as needed. You can also list according to categories if desired.
- Once the user pays through PayPal, DT Register is notified. A record is created and emails are sent. The admin of that event receives a notification email and the user receives an email that you have customized, noting whatever details you want to be included. Custom tags are used to pull data from the record into the email.
- You can do group registrations where each member has data collected then a final billing page. The backend includes this data and there is a CSV export tool that can include all member data from a group.

Now regarding the exhibitors... you could go a couple different routes. If you create the exhibitor registrations as separate events, you can not hide it in the list of events. However you can make an Exhibitor category so these events are separate from other events. This may be your best solution because you could create an \"event\" for each TYPE of exhibitor and set a capacity on each one.

The other option would be to just add a custom field to the regular registration. Ask \"are you an exhibitor?\". If they mark \"Yes\" then you can add $X to their registration cost. Then you can have fields for marking which type of exhibitor they are but the custom fields types would not have a capacity check.

As the exhibitor registration would be pretty different in purpose from other users, I\'d probably go with a separate event for them. Thanks!

Will DT Register work for small exhibition site... 15 years 1 month ago #3885

• steve.sawyer
  • steve.sawyer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tried the demo site and you can probably see, I decided to buy DTRegister.

I played around yesterday and came to the same conclusion as you - to create 2 events, one for visitors, another for exhibitors. As the exhibitors will be given a unique URL to register, I have created 2 categories for events, visitors and exhibitors. I\'ve then used a core Joomla menu to display JEvents - Category \'Visitors\'. The same exists for category \'exhibitors\', but I\'ve unpublished the link so that it is not seen by the general public (link will be passed over the telephone or direct e-mail).

A few changes in the language file mean that visitors make a \'booking\' instead of a registration (its an English thing!!). All thats left is to edit the CSS to display things correctly and its finished.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice. The software works brilliantly and I\'m glad I bought it.

Steve

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.605 seconds